Thread: [SOLVED] Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter on ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

[SOLVED] Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter on ubuntu 9.04

Code:
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1131:1001 Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter
    I have this bluetooth dongle, it's detected by Ubuntu 9.04 (running on live session)..

It was detected by the cellphone I am using (Samsung E730), however the only one service appears... "Headset"..

When I tried to transfer a file from the phone, it can't detect the bluetooth device (even if it was already paired, maybe only as a headset?)...

Should I make a full install first to make this work? (which I won't be able to do until the end of the week). I need to transfer those files asap (no, it's not a new scandal, they are photos of my nephew's graduation)..

Beans

Re: Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter on ubuntu 9.04

have you tried configuring the device with bluez?

perhaps there's an option where you can change it from headset mode to file mode?

Disclaimer: wala akong bluetooth dongle

edit--

try looking at this project too blueman
    Last edited by loell; May 26th, 2009 at 05:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

try mo na ba ang hcitool scan? oo nga the bluez thing....sometimes kung di mag auto connect tong msi blue tooth ko sa command line ko tinira..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    have you tried configuring the device with bluez?

perhaps there's an option where you can change it from headset mode to file mode?

Disclaimer: wala akong bluetooth dongle

edit--

try looking at this project too blueman
    Quote Originally Posted by boyet View Post
    try mo na ba ang hcitool scan? oo nga the bluez thing....sometimes kung di mag auto connect tong msi blue tooth ko sa command line ko tinira..
    Tried the bluez thing, still didn't work... was trying to install Ubuntu 9.04 on vmware, pero lagi may disc error, tried md5summer and merong isang file na di nag match yung hash.. redownloading the ISO..

will check out blueman project..

thanks...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Solved by using the blueman project...

Thanks

now .. how do I mark this thread solved? (forgot how)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by dodimar View Post
    Solved by using the blueman project...

Thanks

now .. how do I mark this thread solved? (forgot how)
    that feature has been removed. i hope they bring it back, it was a useful feature..
    Μολὼν λάβε

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

mods, mods, mods... please mark this [SOLVED]...

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter on ubuntu 9.

done.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: [SOLVED] Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter on ubuntu 9.

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    done.
    Thanks boss.. wondering why they removed the option for TS to mark the thread solved?... anyway... still have a bunch of pictures to transfer...