Thread: compiz fusion doesnt work

Beans

compiz fusion doesnt work

Hello! I have installed the ubuntu 9.04, it is very nice and easy to use, then I have installed the compiz-fusion.deb, and something else involved(the deb format package),the ccsm icon appeard on the control panel, but when I click it , nothing happend. But it really works on ubuntu 8.10, so is that because the compiz-fusion is not the latset version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: compiz fusion doesnt work

Did you install from the repositories?
    Gandhi once said: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
    So you want a separate /home partition?|Ubuntu World Map|Linux IS NOT Windows

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Man View Post
    Did you install from the repositories?
    Thank you Happy_Man,
    No, I have downloaded the deb file , and then double click it to install. It works on INTREPID IBEX.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Have you installed the proper drivers for your video card? If you have not installed any new drivers since installing, you should do that first.

If you have, then it might be easier to install from the repos. Most likely the .deb you have is not meant to be used on anything other than intrepid ibex.

open a terminal (Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal) and enter the following:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager compiz
    Gandhi once said: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
    So you want a separate /home partition?|Ubuntu World Map|Linux IS NOT Windows

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Man View Post
    Have you installed the proper drivers for your video card? If you have not installed any new drivers since installing, you should do that first.

If you have, then it might be easier to install from the repos. Most likely the .deb you have is not meant to be used on anything other than intrepid ibex.

open a terminal (Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal) and enter the following:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager compiz
    Thanks ,Happy_Man, I will try to install from repos.