Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: fluxbox how-to (compiling from source the latest version) plus tips & tricks

Beans

Re: fluxbox how-to (compiling from source the latest version) plus tips & tricks

Hello there! Well, I figgured out how to change my screen resolution (found the path for the gnome control center and put it on my menu) However, I now have another problem. I would like to have a graphical way to access my files, but whenever i run nautilus, it will replace the fluxbox wallpaper, Kill my right click menu, and kill my App bars. Is there a way I can Take care of that? Or, will I need to get much more familiar with my local terminal >_<

Beans

Re: fluxbox how-to (compiling from source the latest version) plus tips & tricks

Quote Originally Posted by l0c0dantes
    Hello there! Well, I figgured out how to change my screen resolution (found the path for the gnome control center and put it on my menu) However, I now have another problem. I would like to have a graphical way to access my files, but whenever i run nautilus, it will replace the fluxbox wallpaper, Kill my right click menu, and kill my App bars. Is there a way I can Take care of that? Or, will I need to get much more familiar with my local terminal >_<
    Try nautilus --no-desktop --browser
    or install rox-filer

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

PC Man FM (pcmanfm) is a very nice file manager. I don't think it is in the repositories, but there are deb packages on it's sourceforge files page.

Homepage: http://pcmanfm.sourceforge.net/

Packages: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=156956

Beans

PC Man FM (pcmanfm) is a very nice file manager. I don't think it is in the repositories, but there are deb packages on it's sourceforge files page.

Homepage: http://pcmanfm.sourceforge.net/

Packages: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=156956
    That's a very nice file manager! ...and also works with tabs like firefox!!

Now the only thing I need is a session manager...

How do you shut down your computer with fluxbox? Just "sudo halt" or what?

Beans
    Distro

If you are using a graphical login manager, like GDM, then just exit fluxbox and then select shutdown from there. If, like me, you login to the text console, exit fluxbox and sudo poweroff.

(actually, I'm running Gentoo nowdays, so I use su instead of sudo)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont
    If you are using a graphical login manager, like GDM, then just exit fluxbox and then select shutdown from there. If, like me, you login to the text console, exit fluxbox and sudo poweroff.

(actually, I'm running Gentoo nowdays, so I use su instead of sudo)
    And how do you suspend to ram or hybernate?

Beans
    Distro

And how do you suspend to ram or hybernate?
    I don't. However a simple search of these forums for "howto hibernate" returned many threads that look useful. I hope that helps you find what you need.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Hi,
    When i get to the point where im inside the cd /usr/share/xsessions directory, I can type nano fluxbox.desktop but when i put in
    [Desktop Entry]
    Encoding=UTF-8
    Name=Fluxbox
    Comment=This is fluxbox
    Exec=/home/(username)/.fluxbox/startup

and try and save it, it says "[ Error writing fluxbox.desktop: Permission denied ]". What can i do to correct this?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I can type nano fluxbox.desktop
    I think you need to type "sudo nano fluxbox.desktop" (minus the quotes)
    As super user you'll have permission to change the contents of the file.

Beans

how to switch to other user in fluxbox, letting main session work in background?
    (multiple sessions)?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast