Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Timeline 3810T

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

Quote Originally Posted by muadnu View Post
    A tangential question: has anyone been able to install Debian on a
    Timeline 3810T? I want to give it Debian testing a try, but I can't figure out how to install it from a USB stick. I've tried Unetbootin but it doesn't boot, and all other methods I've found to do that end up in some sort of kernel panic. I'm not sure if the issue is the hardware or my not being able to set it up from a USB stick...
    Try using the (USB) Startup Disk Creator with the debian iso.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    Try using the (USB) Startup Disk Creator with the debian iso.
    Tried it, but still the same (actually, it threw me to the boot prompt and I couldn't do anything from there).

Beans

*mutters* It was the good old "unbalance the input" trick again. Should have tried that 1st.

Run alsamixer >> press F4 >> move to CAPTURE >> raise the right channel to the max and mute the left channel to the .... uh ... min.

It wouldn't suprise me if that's the only thing I nedded to do in lucid to make the internal microphone work for skype.
    Yes, I just tried it in lucid and it works great. Thanks!

Beans

muadnu, if you want to install debian testing, you need to download debian netinstall but with 2.6.32 kernel, then you need to download boot.img.gz from debian site. In terminal: zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdX (your USB). If it interesting to i can give a link where you can download debian netinstall with 2.6.32 kernel.
    P.S. Please, sorry for my english

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Romus View Post
    muadnu, if you want to install debian testing, you need to download debian netinstall but with 2.6.32 kernel, then you need to download boot.img.gz from debian site. In terminal: zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdX (your USB). If it interesting to i can give a link where you can download debian netinstall with 2.6.32 kernel.
    P.S. Please, sorry for my english
    Thanks. If you can give me the link I'd appreciate it!

Beans

To install debian on acer 3810t you have to do:
    1. Download from http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/
    netinstall(2.6.32 kernel) and boot.img.gz

2. Format you USB stick in FAT32:
    insert your USB stick and umount it, then
    in terminal:
    root # fdisk -l (to find you USB stick)
    root # mkfs.vfat -F 32 -n anyname /dev/sdX

3. root # zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdX

4. pull out your USB stick(it's not mount) and insert it back and mount.

5. copy netinst.iso to your USB stick.

6. umount it and boot from it

Beans

It is possible not to format. To make all from the second item

Beans

sorry... i'm lost!
    i'm install ubuntu 9.10
    ok for all.
    ok for resume.
    but for microphone? how i can use it on ubuntu & skype? [78page is too for read all]
    (on archlinux, my previus distro, all ok)

bye and thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by idreamer View Post
    sorry... i'm lost!
    i'm install ubuntu 9.10
    ok for all.
    ok for resume.
    but for microphone? how i can use it on ubuntu & skype? [78page is too for read all]
    (on archlinux, my previus distro, all ok)

bye and thanks.
    In a terminal do :
    Code:
    alsamixer
    press F4 and set the sliders like this (left channel softer than the right):
    Code:
    ┌───────────────────────────── AlsaMixer v1.0.22 ──────────────────────────────┐
    │ Card: HDA Intel                                      F1:  Help               │
    │ Chip: Intel G45 DEVCTG                               F2:  System information │
    │ View: F3: Playback  F4:[Capture] F5: All             F6:  Select sound card  │
    │ Item: Front Mic Boost                                Esc: Exit               │
    │                                                                              │
    │                    ┌──┐             ┌──┐             ┌──┐                    │
    │                    │  │             │ │             │  │                    │
    │                    │  │             │▒▒│             │  │                    │
    │                    │  │             │▒▒│             │▒▒│                    │
    │                    │  │             │▒▒│             │▒▒│                    │
    │                    └──┘            L└──┘R            └──┘                    │
    │                                   CAPTURE                                    │
    │                    0<>0            80<>100          72<>72                   │
    │             <Front Mic Boost >    Capture          Digital                   │
    │                                                                              │
    └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Use the arrow keys to move the sliders up and down and move to the next slider. Use Q Z E and C to move only the right or left channel slider up or down.

Beans

In a terminal do :
    Code:
    alsamixer
    press F4 and set the sliders like this (left channel softer than the right):
    Code:
    ┌───────────────────────────── AlsaMixer v1.0.22 ──────────────────────────────┐
    │ Card: HDA Intel                                      F1:  Help               │
    │ Chip: Intel G45 DEVCTG                               F2:  System information │
    │ View: F3: Playback  F4:[Capture] F5: All             F6:  Select sound card  │
    │ Item: Front Mic Boost                                Esc: Exit               │
    │                    ┌──┐             ┌──┐             ┌──┐                    │
    │                    │  │             │▒▒│             │  │                    │
    │                    └──┘            L└──┘R            └──┘                    │
    │                                   CAPTURE                                    │
    │                    0<>0            80<>100          72<>72                   │
    │             <Front Mic Boost >    Capture          Digital                   │
    └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Use the arrow keys to move the sliders up and down and move to the next slider. Use Q Z E and C to move only the right or left channel slider up or down.
    Hi thanks for reply. I have a differerent screen maybe i have a 1.0.20 version of alsa and isn't present "digital" channel.
    but i can record audio with record program now. thanks.
    now how i can use microphone in skype? it found pulse server but when i try test i'm mute.

what i can do?

p.s. sorry for my english

Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast