Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Timeline 3810T

Beans

Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

i found a workaround for the ata error.
    boot with "libata.noacpi=1" in the kernel line
    it seems to be a bug in the acpi.

Unfortunately i have formatted all the drive losing the service partition.
    I made a image but it's not booting.
    if any of you is able to access the pqservice partition please pm me

Beans

ok guys check out the original article please. I have edited the text to update the latest findings:

- bluetooth works
    - camera works
    - AHCI/ACPI issues hav a workaround

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

hi guys!!
    i've got acer timeline 3810t too..it's cool!
    everything work..almost everything: when i use suspend function after it the resume doesn't work: instead of resuming i've got power off...anyone got the same problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm curious, has anyone purchased the Timeline with a SSD? I've heard that it's available. Was installing Ubuntu any different? And did you get noticeably better battery life?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by federa View Post
    hi guys!!
    when i use suspend function after it the resume doesn't work: instead of resuming i've got power off...anyone got the same problem?
    if you had to switch off the ACPI to get it to boot I would assume thats normal... AFAIK the ACPI is controlling how the standby works.

UPDATE: Please note that, as reported in a post later someone correctly mentioned that A) you have to switch of AHCI in bios, not ACPI to make it work and AHCI has nothing to do with the powersaving and should not influence the standby mode.
    Last edited by tokyoahead; June 9th, 2009 at 12:30 AM.

Beans

Hi all,

I have this machine with me and I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 almost without any problem. I partitioned the harddisk into 2 ntfs partition for original Vista, and 5 ext3 (+swap) for Linux. This process of partitioning took looong, but luckily everything went smooth.

The problem came when I use compiz, while it works (I use avant windows manager) but display in any window, be it applications, dialogue or the related menu sometime disappears. I have to minimise and restore to get the display reappears. Using metacity there is no problem everything just works!

In short it is good laptop, the machine is comfortable to use.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Acer Timeline 3810T

Hi all!
    I bought this laptop two days ago (is fantastic!), installed Ubuntu 9.04 two hours ago (using the libata.noacpi workaround) but... I've no audio...
    Somebody experienced the same problem?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Giovy View Post
    ... I've no audio...
    Check if all you volume levers are set to the max (btw they might be hidden).

If that's not it, search the forums there are loads of sound threads. If that doesn't help solving your problem, it will at least give you an idea of what kind of info people need to help you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by tokyoahead View Post
    Hi guys,
    - If you go into BIOS and switch the SATA mode to IDE (from AHCI), it will work, but this will disable any Vista that is installed.
    - Further, you can workaround the issue by adding "libata.noacpi=1" to your kernel boot command line
    off/on etc
    Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on the subject, but what exactly is happening when you switch from AHCI to IDE? Is there any functionality that you're losing as a result?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    Check if all you volume levers are set to the max (btw they might be hidden).

If that's not it, search the forums there are loads of sound threads. If that doesn't help solving your problem, it will at least give you an idea of what kind of info people need to help you.
    I checked all the volume levels, I've tried different audio source but still no audio.
    In the first post of this thread I can read that the audio should work out of the box...

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast