Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Do You Believe???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Do You Believe???

Quote Originally Posted by sofasurfer View Post
    >Quote:
    >Evolution can not and does not create life.
    >True, depending upon the context of, "create".

Context has nothing to do with it. Evolution can not and does not create life.
    You are speaking about evolution like it is some entity with purpose. It's the same old argument about no-designer design.

What is getting scary, and what should be scary for you is information getting the same pattern of evolution. Right now you think of it as a pile of stuff without purpose, which gets copied and selected by some primitive human minds, wrapping whole Earth over Internet, sharing concepts and discussing themes on various forums. It won't take long until humans learn to extend their bodies with technology, to have them equipped with communication at all times. As the understanding of biology and technology increases, we will gradually give information the access to the mind of the masses, and providing ability for masses to influence itself by exploiting flaws in human brain. Right now people bow to information, and there will be a point reached when single person will be nothing without a "connection", like without a bloodline or nervous system. There will be a point reached at which "information" over symbiotic relationship with humans will get physical quality with a sum of whole human knowledge, with the mind of the masses. Such collective mind would not favor single individual thinking independently and spreading ideas, it would be seen just like cancer as a top priority domestic threat. Now I am not arguing if it is good or bad: we are moving into that direction at the rate your Internet connection speed is increasing and at the rate new communication ways are forming, letting you to inform anyone in the world what you are doing, forming various connections over great distances. I think it is going to happen, but what worries me is the kind of ideas this information will inherit: will it be world based on reason, logic, science, or would be a world of mandatory fairy tale.

What I talked about was about future, it it looks very much like present to me, right now it is simply on lower scale.

Beans

@etnlIcarus: As far as my misuse & abuse of the English language goes; the responsibility for this must reside in my lack of formal education which has allowed my mind to create erroneous definitions of some words, due to its (my mind's) ignorance of those definitions that are held to be true.

Please forgive the cruelty that I have & will continue to deal my native language, as I just can't help it?

As far as my meanings of the subject(s) covered in previous posts are concerned; I really don't feel like going down what I expect will be a long road of seemingly endless dialogue/debate & research with you at the moment, as I'm feeling too tired for it (or anything else for that matter) to be fun.

Perhaps further down the track we can play this one out, as I know it will be very stimulating & educational, you are the type of opponent that is a demanding pain in the RRR's. Which is 8).

Beans

TBPH, I can't actually remember what we were arguing over off the top of my head. I think it was over a double-standard although I may be confusing you with one of the other 12 people I'm currently arguing with across teh internets.

As for formal education, it's overrated. I've learned far more from my independent reading/viewing/listening, than I ever did during my (abandoned) secondary education.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by etnlIcarus View Post
    As for formal education, it's overrated. I've learned far more from my independent reading/viewing/listening, than I ever did during my (abandoned) secondary education.
    Couldn't agree with you more...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718