Thread: Brasero & Nautilus not burning blank CDs: 0 bytes available

Beans

Brasero & Nautilus not burning blank CDs: 0 bytes available

Hi! I looked for this problem and found a lot of heterogeneous informations, but I think this is slightly different from other issues I read (where the only answer I got was "use gnomebaker").
    I installed 9.04 and I can't burn CDs neither with Brasero nor with Nautilus plugin (I think they both use the same "burning interface"): empty CDs are considered to have 0 bytes of free space. Is this a known bug? Is there a way to have one or both programs working? Before 9.04, only Brasero was affected by this problem.
    Thank you for your help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Brasero & Nautilus not burning blank CDs: 0 bytes available

same problem here... However I only have the problem with CD-RW, once blanked I can't write to them, I get the same error you get. As for CD-R, they work just fine.

anyone out there figured this out?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem. Anyone managed to figure it out?

Beans

Same problem here :S

Any solutions?

Beans

I have the same problem, but Brasero used to work on saved files. I have been saving audio files using Audacity with Ubuntu (had to turn off the sound playthrough) and then burning to cd using Brasero. I have the same problem with Dell Dimension and Packard Bell towers.
    The only way I can do this now is using XP with media player to burn the cds. Only good thing is that I am still using Ubuntu to connect to the internet to get the music, Microsoft is not connecting to the internet, just providing the cd burn.

Beans

I would like to confirm that Brasero is no longer working with CDs. It stopped working on four machines that I am using. Three are running 10.04 and one is running 11.04.