Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Knome Guide: Stealing KDE's Eye Candy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Knome Guide: Stealing KDE's Eye Candy

Quote Originally Posted by fannymites
    All of this is possible, as long as you are using kde 3.5.
    Yeah, I've got KDE 3.5 working, but in the configuration dialog all I see is an option to either make transparency affect the whole window or only the title bar, for all windows. What I'm hoping to find is a way to make only the titlebar transparent for the active window, and the entire window transparent for all inactive windows and windows being moved, or better yet to make those windows fully transparent, with an even more transparent titlebar.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Oh, another question, too: I'm guessing the answer is no, but I don't suppose there is a way to make the titlebar transparent, but not make the titlebar text transparent (it gets hard to read at higher transparency levels!)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daedalusman
    Don't know if this has been answered yet but here is how you can fix this. When in the configure dialog go to the advance tab and under the "active desktop borders" section you can set how you want the desktop borders to act. I personally like the "only when moving windows" option but you can disable it all together as well as set the delay time between the change. If any of this is confusing let me know.
    Thanks a million.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by makisupa123
    Can someone help me out here?

What types of eye candy are we talking about here? I see the translucent title bars but i'm interested in drop shadows. Anyone have any reports on stability?

And yes, we need more screenshots (kinda like cowbell).

Thanks for your work Poofy!

Mak.
    Basically every type of cool translucency is availible with this trick. Drop shadows, fading, translucent titlebars, translucent windows, and many different combinations of each.

Its "will not crash my xserver" stable with the newest Nvidia drivers (the repo ones crash hard for me)....I can't comment on non-Nvidia cards.

And no problem.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by daedalusman
    Don't know if this has been answered yet but here is how you can fix this. When in the configure dialog go to the advance tab and under the "active desktop borders" section you can set how you want the desktop borders to act. I personally like the "only when moving windows" option but you can disable it all together as well as set the delay time between the change. If any of this is confusing let me know.
    you may have just convinced me to use KDE
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Beans

I've got this working fine, but it seems pretty slow.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by todavies
    yes... it's running most gnome libs and most KDE libs... i'd expect it to be a bit sluggish, unfortunately...
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by todavies
    Do you have an Nvidia card? Did you use my other guide to set it up right?

If the answer is no to either its slow because its not being accerated by your graphics card.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    Any person with more KDE experiance than me know how to turn off "Edge Flipping?" Its driving me nuts and I want to add it to the guide.
    Originally Posted by daedalusman

This option is disabled by default in KDE...I really don't get what was annoying?
    ...optimize, clarify, open, Share....knowledge.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

i got this working fine, and looks great. however i'm unable to install window decos, i'm not sure what to do? i'm stuck with plastik. can someone help me. Thanks

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast