Thread: Car power adapter for Starling netbook

Beans

Question Car power adapter for Starling netbook

I've just purchased a Starling netbook and want to take it on a trip to out of state in a few weeks. One thing that would be really nice to have on my trip would be an car power adapter to plug into the cigarette lighter.

What type of connector does the Starling use for power? Is it the same as some other laptop made by a large company like HP, Acer, etc?

Or should I just shop around and look for a connector the correct size and shape?

Are there any other issues I should look out for when purchasing a car adapter, besides the physical configuration of the connector? I seem to recall that some laptops I use will refuse to work with non-brand adapters, I assume that this isn't the case with the Starling, but want to make sure .

Thanks,
    Ryan E.F.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Car power adapter for Starling netbook

look for a dc to ac inverter then you can plug that into your cigarette lighter and plug the laptop power cord into it.
    I'm not real smart but I can google heavy things...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yes, the Starling has a standard AC jack. Not sure what the actual *designation* is, but there are a lot of universal kits out there which should work fine.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans

Cool, I'll examine the adapter once it comes in the mail and match it up with an universal brick.