Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network Trauma

Beans

Re: Network Trauma

OK, the router doesn't work even with the phone off, and none of the settings changes worked. The router remains invisible. I'm returning the router, but I would appreciate input on routers that work (with internal DSL modems). Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

This is very peculiar.

Does the laptop in question work with other networks (under Linux)? Like, could you take it to Starbucks, or Panera or something to see if it works at all?
    The Windows/Linux/OS X holy wars are pointless. Use what you like. It's just an operating system on a computer. Seriously.

Beans

I don't have access to public hotspots, not living in a big city or in the US, but after forcing an address on the D Link through a wire it works fine (in fact, thats mostly what I've been using). Could someone point me toward the Windows 3945 driver, and I'll try that. Thanks.

EDIT: Possibly the router is damaged in some way, as it seems to dislike the Windows Tablet I mentioned earlier as well (a second pc)

EDIT 2: Disregardb above requests, I have decided on a solution. I am going to use an old tower as a server with a wireless hotspot on it, to relay the net connection. This will also give me a server, with all of the associated benefigts. Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by Sum Guy; May 14th, 2009 at 01:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12