Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1219

Thread: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Beans

Re: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

The spanish letters with accent marks appear as html code in accuweather's raw files.
    In order to replace them with their equivalents, I used sed commands, something like:
    Code:
    sed -i 's/& # 123;/é/g
    (I added spaces, otherwise the code will be parsed again).

This command should replace the html code & # 123; with the letter é.
    But when I put the script in a post enclosed in code tags, the html code was parsed and the command became
    Code:
    sed -i 's/é/é/g
    which is of course rubbish.
    The same thing happened with the french script.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TeoBigusGeekus View Post
    Awesome screenshot man!!!
    Thanks man

Beans

Hello Teo...

Very nice work...just one very little adaptation I made to your script (in fact two, to be honest...)
    1, I've added a 'workdir' variable at the begining of the script and moved the 'address' variable at the begining of the script

2, I've added an egrep to recover the value of the gusts of wind (Rafales in french)

at line 238 in your french script I have inserted the following code

HTML Code:
      egrep -i 'Rafales' $workdir/first_days_raw > $workdir/gusts
     sed -i -e 's/^.*"> //g' -e 's\ k.*$\\g' -e 's/ //g' $workdir/gusts
    3, (yes i know I said 2...)
    I've removed the units of the wind speed by adding this to be able tu put a space between the value and the unit...(just cosmetic...)

HTML Code:
    sed -i -e 's\km/h\\g' $workdir/curr_cond
    your script works perfectly and I'm working on some conkys using this...

as you can see on the image (in red the gusts day/night)..still have to find a way to display only one value in function of the moment (day or night)

4, I hope my english is not too bad...

Beans

Shamen456, that is a very impressive Conky you have going there!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
    Shamen456, that is a very impressive Conky you have going there!
    +1
    V. good job.

Beans

Post Re: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Hello there,
    I really appreciate the job you're doing even if I don't really know what that means.
    And I think you can consider me as a 'beginner'.

Anyway. Here are my questions :

As TBG has written this out on his first post :
    They all rely on the same principle: download a bunch of pages, parse them and isolate the necessary info for conky to find.
    and as I am from Switzerland*, I wonder if it is possible to go searching for informations on my national meteo service website which is a simple html page ?
    By doing that, I can get the most pertinent informations on my local weather.

I have absolutely no idea on how to do such a thing. So, if some of you can lead me to some kind of nice tutorial or a HowTo for writing a file that can goes search these weather informations I need ; it would be great.

The second thing is that I basically used, as a standard user, the VinDSL conky (nice job !).
    It was pretty hard for me to make things go on properly ; I had to understand the code from zero. So, if it's possible to insert the grabbed weather informations in 'my' existing conky, it would be the ultimate dream . I do not need fancy icons or anything, but just to fit in there.

That's it.
    Thanks

*There isn't such a big Ubuntu community here...
    Last edited by Swiss_Knight; January 26th, 2012 at 02:57 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss_Knight View Post
    Hello there,
    I really appreciate the job you're doing even if I don't really know what that means.
    And I think you can consider me as a 'beginner'.

Anyway. Here are my questions :

As TBG has written this out on his first post :
    and as I am from Switzerland*, I wonder if it is possible to go searching for informations on my national meteo service website which is a simple html page ?

I have absolutely no idea on how to do such a thing. So, if some of you can lead me to some kind of nice tutorial or a HowTo for writing a file that can goes search these weather informations I need ; it would be great.

The second thing is that I basically used, as a standard user, the VinDSL conky (nice job !).
    It was pretty hard for me to make things go on properly ; I had to understand the code from zero. So, if it's possible to insert the grabbed weather informations in 'my' existing conky, it would be the ultimate dream . I do not need fancy icons or anything, but just to fit in there.

That's it.
    Thanks

*There isn't such a big Ubuntu community here...
    First of all, there is a HowTo for VinDSL's Conky. Check my Sig, I wrote it myself.

Second, all you need is the URL for a page that has your weather on it. If you have a web page that has your weather, even if it's not Accuweather, Weather Underground, or Weather.com, you just need that URL. Find a page that has your particular weather displayed, and copy the URL here. The magic will happen when someone sees your URL and turns it into a script.

Once it's a script, it generates output files. In Conky, even VinDSL's Conky, you just need to insert a variable that looks at the output files and prints their results where the weather section is.

READ THE VINDSL HOWTO! It'll get you going.

Beans

Just for everyone's convenience. I have an archive of the Conky Fonts. All of them. Hopefully, one day, they'll just be one of the things people download regularly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    All quiet on the western front; no complaints the last few days.
    Scripts rebundled on the first page with the large dropbox tarball.
    Sorry for last week's inconvenience, crisis resolved (until the next one).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss_Knight View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to go searching for informations on my national meteo service website which is a simple html page ?

If you download the scripts, you'll find a file called Script-1d_How_It_Was_Created.pdf.
    Althought it refers to the old version of the 1d script, I think you could find some valuable clues there.

Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast