Thread: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Beans

Re: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Thank you for the clarification and translation VinDSL

Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar

Beans

Thanks for the answer and for your work VinDSL

I think you'd probably have better luck using awk/sed/cut (in Conky) to change the output to German, rather than changing the script itself...
    I think i will stick with the English version until i get everything else to work and know more about conky and bash scripts. Otherwise i may get frustrated when i want to change something i´m not up to in the moment. I can learn some English weather vocabulary that way, like "frizzle drizzle"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You know, I had a similar problem. I solved it by increasing the value of the fold command after the -w. Now I don't know a thing about anything, so can someone tell me why my solution worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Simple fix really you fell for the font size trap.

Code:
    ${font DroidSans:size=11}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/mdbod/accuweather_conky/temperatures}C ${font conkyweather:size=40}${color3}${goto 240}${voffset -30}${execi 600  sed -n '5p' /home/mdbod/accuweather_conky/images}
    ${font DroidSans:size=11}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/mdbod/accuweather_conky/days}:
    for the "image font" (conkyweather) you are using "size=40" an don't change the font until the next line ... therefore the space between those two lines (above) is at "conkyweather:size=40"

At the end of those lines using the conkyweather font at size=40, add a closing ${font} and the space between lines will be what your default font is:
    Code:
    ${font DroidSans:size=11}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/mdbod/accuweather_conky/temperatures}C ${font conkyweather:size=40}${color3}${goto 240}${voffset -30}${execi 600  sed -n '5p' /home/mdbod/accuweather_conky/images}${font}
    ${font DroidSans:size=11}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/mdbod/accuweather_conky/days}:
    ASRock 970 Extreme4, 8GB RAM
    AMD FX
    ™- 4100 Quad-Core
    nVidia GeForce 8400 GS

2 500GB SATA HDs

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGld View Post
    You know, I had a similar problem. I solved it by increasing the value of the fold command after the -w. Now I don't know a thing about anything, so can someone tell me why my solution worked?
    Can you show us the code - the line above and the line below where you increased the value of the fold command after the -w, as well as that line.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sure.

Code:
    ${color red}WEATHER ${font}${hr 2}${execi 600 bash /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/accuw_USA_script}
    ${font conkyweather:size=40}${execi 600  sed -n '6p' ~/accuweather_conky_USA/images}${font}${goto 75}${voffset -40}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/days}:
    ${goto 75}${execpi 600 sed -n '2p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/messages|fold -w46}
    ${goto 75}High: ${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/temperatures}°F  Low: ${execpi 600 sed -n '2p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/temperatures}°F
    Before I changed the fold value, the text of the line with the actual forecast would be truncated, followed by a blank line. This would have the effect of adding a blank line right below the forecast line, pushing the following text down, often past the bottom of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Can you show us the code - the line above and the line below where you increased the value of the fold command after the -w, as well as that line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ASRock 970 Extreme4, 8GB RAM
    AMD FX
    ™- 4100 Quad-Core
    nVidia GeForce 8400 GS

2 500GB SATA HDs

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGld View Post
    Sure.

Before I changed the fold value, the text of the line with the actual forecast would be truncated, followed by a blank line. This would have the effect of adding a blank line right below the forecast line, pushing the following text down, often past the bottom of the screen.
    This is a different problem than discussed before, you are using the larger weather font at the beginning of the line and then turning it off.

What happens if you eliminate the fold function altogether? It looks like you have the space for the putput.

Code:
    ${color red}WEATHER ${font}${hr 2}${execi 600 bash /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/accuw_USA_script}
    ${font conkyweather:size=40}${execi 600  sed -n '6p' ~/accuweather_conky_USA/images}${font}${goto 75}${voffset -40}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/days}:
    ${goto 75}${execpi 600 sed -n '2p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/messages}
    ${goto 75}High: ${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/temperatures}°F  Low: ${execpi 600 sed -n '2p' /home/michael/accuweather_conky_USA/temperatures}°F

Beans

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
    The International Accuweather scripts (1a, 1d1, 1d2) do not work.
    They all need to be rewritten from scratch.
    Here's 1a (with a bonus of a few more forecast days) - the rest are coming.

EDIT: (20-1-12) Bug found, script rebundled; thanks to Quackers for making me test Bury weather.

EDIT: (20-1-12) 1d1 rewritten from scratch.
    Download the 2 parts and JOIN THEM with
    Code:
    cat 1d1_Accuweather_INT_Images1.tar.gz 1d1_Accuweather_INT_Images2.tar.gz > whatever.tar.gz

EDIT: (20-1-12) 1d2 rewritten from scratch.

EDIT:
    Scripts rebundled on the first page.
    Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus; January 26th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by TeoBigusGeekus View Post
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
    The International Accuweather scripts (1a, 1d1, 1d2) do not work.
    They all need to be rewritten from scratch.
    Here's 1a (with a bonus of a few more forecast days) - the rest are coming.

Thanks for the update. I noticed the screen was somewhat blank today. Nice "cold" thermometer icon though!
    Unbuntu 10.04
    Dell 4500
    768 MB RAM

Beans

Thanks Teo for announcement waiting for new script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I think my accuweather display went empty some time last night. It's still empty.
    I'll wait for developments
    Thanks TBG.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Page 92 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast