Thread: Introducing Myself

Beans
    Hidden!

Introducing Myself

Hello all, I am currently installing my first Ubuntu distro on an IBM ThinkPad. Just wanted to introduce myself as I am sure I will soon be back with some urgent support requests. I am a small business owner and a self proclaim computer wiz. But I have never given much time to Linux and want to get free of windows before Vista is released. I don't plan on upgrading and MS is not in the habit of supporting their previous versions any longer. Sooo... I am looking for a new home and based on what I read on eWeek.com I am trying out this little baby. If all goes well on my laptop I will be installing it on my desktop. See you all around.
    I like mac?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Re: Introducing Myself

We welcome your questions and thoughts,
    Cheers

Beans

yep, welcome.

Wow, eWeek, eh? I didn't know they ran Linux articles. Welcome to the community! I am a small business owner myself and I find that Ubuntu is a good fit if you like the feel of freedom.
    "A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner"
    My kickawesome web design business...powered by Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!

Yep, eWeek.com has a whole section of their website devoted to Linux and Open Source. I subscribe to the RSS and find their articles very informative and accurate. Check it out.

http://www.eweek.com/category2/0,1738,1237915,00.asp
    I like mac?