Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: having wireless connection problems after switching from Xubuntu to Kubuntu

Beans

Re: having wireless connection problems after switching from Xubuntu to Kubuntu

I made some progress. I tried to connect to internet with Ethernet cable it is working just fine.

I also found how to upgrade and install softwares and packages. Still no wireless connection though

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

did you install the backports package?
    PC

To get a terminal command to put its output into a file use this format
    {terminal command} > {filename}

Beans

Hi Peter, I upgraded to KDE 4.2 and Ubuntu 9.04 during the whole process. For a moment my keyboard was not functioning and I was very frustrated but now I got it all up and running except wireless still. I will work on backport packages next and will update you soon.

MNT

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Peter09 View Post
    Check in your Software Sources application that under Updates the jaunty-backports box is ticked.
    I did check but I do not see such an option.

Beans
    Distro

In gnome its under Synaptic ->Software Sources->Updates
    PC

Beans

Since I upgraded to Jaunty recently I added the repositories in the below and it started to download now.

http://azerdark.wordpress.com/2009/0...ist-indonesia/

How do you like Gnome? I think if would download Xubuntu, none of these would happen...

Gnome takes care of stuff like this

Beans

ok I finised installing the backport packages but still no wireless connection...

It keeps disconnecting automatically, does not even try to connect...I can see my router listed though.

Beans
    Distro

Here is the bug - cannot see a fix here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/277634
    PC

Beans

it was working when I setup xubuntu on windows for some reason, is it because I was using an earlier ubuntu version maybe? before 8.10

Beans
    Distro

Noticed this in the bug report

If the dropouts are only happening on 11n networks, maybe it's worth disabling 11n in iwlagn and seeing if this stops the dropouts:
    sudo modprobe -r iwlagn && sudo modprobe iwlagn 11n_disable=1
    or add 'options iwlagn 11n_disable=1' to /etc/modprobe.d/options to make it permanent.
    so try

Code:
    sudo modprobe -r iwlagn && sudo modprobe iwlagn 11n_disable=1
    to test
    and if it works do
    add 'options iwlagn 11n_disable=1' to /etc/modprobe.d/options to make it permanent.
    PC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast