Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Songbird Seg Fault

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Songbird Seg Fault

I am getting a seg fault for more than just songbird, but I will deal with the other mozilla products later.

I got songbird 1.1.2 from getdeb and when loading songbird I get a seg fault. I was getting a seg fault on the previous version too. The following is the output in terminal.

Code:
    songbird 

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmxf.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmxf.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_reader_skip

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstladspa.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstladspa.so: undefined symbol: gst_plugin_add_dependency_simple

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmetadata.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmetadata.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtmux.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtmux.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstflv.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstflv.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_reader_skip

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so: undefined symbol: gst_plugin_add_dependency_simple

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgio.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgio.so: undefined symbol: gst_query_set_uri

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgnomevfs.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgnomevfs.so: undefined symbol: gst_query_set_uri

(songbird-bin:30078): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmxf.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmxf.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_reader_skip

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstladspa.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstladspa.so: undefined symbol: gst_plugin_add_dependency_simple

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmetadata.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmetadata.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtmux.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtmux.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstflv.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstflv.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_reader_skip

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so: undefined symbol: gst_plugin_add_dependency_simple

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgio.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgio.so: undefined symbol: gst_query_set_uri

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgnomevfs.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgnomevfs.so: undefined symbol: gst_query_set_uri

(songbird-bin:30092): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_setter_reset_tags
    Segmentation fault

James78 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Songbird Seg Fault

The GStreamer warnings are happening because you have the latest GStreamer version, and the current stable version of Songbird, 1.1.2, is incompatible with it. The new version in nightly testing works perfectly with the new GStreamer plugins. As for the segmentation fault, can you check if libvisuals-plugins is installed? It may be causing a problem..

In Getsatisfaction, there's another report of a user using a 64-Bit OS like yourself, and nothing we could suggest could get his segmentation fault to go away, maybe it's related.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No, libvisuals-plugins is not installed. I assume the nightly will have to be compiled and installed?

I am having Seg-Faults in both FF-3.5 and FF-3.6, if that helps with the dignosis.

James78 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Nope, the nightly does not have to be compiled. You can download a fully compiled tar.gz from here. Although, I pretty much suspect that running nightly isn't going to stop your segmentation fault. It would appear to have something to do with 64-Bit. Let me take a look around..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

For some reason I cannot extract those tars. I tried CLI and GUI, nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The cause of all my segfaults is global-panel-menu.

Beans

Did you have to uninstall the GlobalMenu to get Songbird running or was disabling it good enough? If I have to choose between GlobalMenu and checking out Songbird there's no way I'm uninstalling GM.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Disbaling it will do the trick. For some reason GlobalMenu only has this as medium priority. I guess when FF 3.5 comes out and everyone stops using Global Menu they may change their minds.

Beans

I actually tried disabling GM and I still got the seg fail. I'd almost think the deb from GetDeb may be borked, but I doubt that. As far as Fx 3.5 coming out, I'm pretty sure it's out already.

I seriously doubt that you'll see "everyone stop[ing] using Global Menu". Too many users love it, as evidenced by the traffic on the topic on these forums, as well as the requests the Mac4Lin team has gotten to make sure GM gets included in the Mac4Lin 1.0 docs.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah, but when FF 3.5 is the default browser in 9.10 it is going to be a big issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast