Thread: Full Circle Magazine in Hindi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Lightbulb Full Circle Magazine in Hindi

नमस्ते!
    Wouldn't it be great if we have a Hindi translation of Full Circle Magazine? I am thinking seriously about it.
    Can you please tell me about the requirements to do so? I also understand that it would not be possible if I take it as a one man work. Can you people out there help? Especially those from Hindi speaking parts of India.
    I would like to know your opinion about this idea. All the suggestions and criticism are welcome.
    If there is some similar project already started (or running successfully) then please inform me about it. I would like to be a part of it.
    Waiting for your reply
    ankurwidguitar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Full Circle Magazine in Hindi

Feel free to start a translation team, but as you say - it's a lot of work for just one person, so it's best to get several people to help.

If you decide to translate FCM, email me (Ronnie - my email address is in FCM) and I'll point you to the raw text for FCM articles, and give you some pointers on how best to swap the English text for your Hindi text.

Good luck!
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I am game for working on this together!! It should be really good for Indians.. I will propose it in our Indian Ubuntu community.. lets see how the response comes!

But even for an Indian like me, it wouldn't be easy to translate espeially coz of the many english technical terms which are there..
    Interested in bringing out FullCircleMagazine in Hindi? Contact me!
    http://fullcirclemagazine.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi Buddy! It is so great of you that you have come with a helping hand. The translation isn't an issue. At most, for the first time, we shall be worst in our translation. And I hope that we would improve with time. For you pointed about technical terms, I would like you to see some Hindi tech mags. They use the exact English terms if its translation isn't available.
    Well, right now, there is a quite bigger a problem because of which I haven't been able to start the work. The FCM is created with the help of Scribus, an open source DTP software. And it doesn't support Indic text. I tried so hard to find an alternative which would support .sla files (produced by Scribus), but all in vain. If you get something to help in this problem, and if the things fit in place, I am ready to start right away. What do you say? Just try to have a solution for this main problem. I hope you come up with something good. Good Luck!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

do we have to know typing in hindi for hindi translation??