Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local Mirror

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Local Mirror

1) If the computers are both say, fresh installs, or you have installed the exact same packages on them, then you only really need to create one project.

2) Keryx currently comes with a Jaunty-i386 project (it is actually missing the status file at the moment, i need to fix that and reupload it). This would let you download packages for an i386 install that has not had any extra packages installed. The default package will suffice for most users and in the worst case scenario it will just download a few extra packages for people if you have already installed some. I just need to fix that missing status file and you will be able to use that project without going to the offline computer yet.
    Dialup or no internet on your Ubuntu box? Have no fear, Keryx is here! Keryx Project
    My blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking [Solved]Re: Local Mirror

Yeah,

I somehow ignored that by just creating an empty status file but the problem is that it does not recognize which packages are installed and which are not in the alternative runs of the program.

the other concern about this problem is that one should mark and download programs one by one and there is no possibility, as far as I know without hacking some python code, to download some programs, altogether.

I am definitely waiting for the upload of the program with different projects in different architectures.

anyway, thanks for your help. Keryx is great overall.
    Come on...

You are always behind...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [Solved]Re: Local Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by pajoohesh View Post
    Yeah,

I somehow ignored that by just creating an empty status file but the problem is that it does not recognize which packages are installed and which are not in the alternative runs of the program.

yes without the actual information in the file you won't have a list of currently installed packages which might cause some problems when downloading packages.

the other concern about this problem is that one should mark and download programs one by one and there is no possibility, as far as I know without hacking some python code, to download some programs, altogether.
    Unfortunately for now, you must download each program by itself. At least Keryx is at the point where it can download all of the dependencies for you. It works best if you create your own project for now.

I am definitely waiting for the upload of the program with different projects in different architectures.

anyway, thanks for your help. Keryx is great overall.
    Thanks! I need to do this with Jaunty i386 (with status file), x64, Jaunty Server 32 and 64 bit as well as all the versions of Hardy. I will hopefully be able to get those up sometime this week.

The next version of Keryx is going to have a lot of changes and a bunch of improvements. I hope to have the next version finished before the summer is over.
    Dialup or no internet on your Ubuntu box? Have no fear, Keryx is here! Keryx Project
    My blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12