Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

updated to Jaunty Jackalope and one of my applications doesnt seem to access the database. I checked the files, it seems like it does.

I think during the upgrade something got deleted. When I log into phpmyadmin... it says at the bottom "Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed."

???

please, help. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

I have checked etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

controluser isnt uncommented.

should uncommented and change from “PMA” to “root”

??

Beans
    Distro

just create a mysql user through the terminal and grant all privileges that solves the problem

Beans

I tried creating a new user, but that did not solve the problem for me.

Beans

I found how to correct the problem in case anyone else needs a quick fix:

When recently upgrading my server to Ubuntu 9.04, phpMyAdmin was also upgraded to version 5.0.75. When I loaded up the new version, I was alarmed to find a new error message that read: Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

It turned out this error was due to the fact that version 5 of phpMyAdmin adds support for a new feature known as a linked-tables infrastructure. This infrastructure allows for new features such as bookmarks, comments, SQL-history, PDF-generation, and field contents transformation. The problem was that this new feature is enabled by default, with generic credentials set up for the controluser. If you don't have your database set up for the infrastructure, you will see the error. I have no use for these new features, so I'd rather just not mess with them. If you do want to enable the advanced features, here is an informative post about doing so on Ubuntu. If you just want to disable the linked-tables infrastructure, which is often the easiest and least intrusive way, just follow these steps:

1. Type nano /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php in the Linux terminal. You can substitute nano for vi or your favorite text editor.
    2. Find the two blocks of text that read:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = $dbuser;
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = $dbpass;

one is near the top embedded in an if statement, and the other is towards the bottom. The text is not exactly the same for each block, but $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] is what matters. The block that is actually used by phpMyAdmin depends on your setup, but just for simplicity we will apply the change to both.
    3. Just comment out those four lines by adding a // in front of each one.
    4. Save, and the error should disappear next time you access phpMyAdmin. If you are still having trouble, feel free to post a comment.

Beans

Thanks, worked for me!

Beans

Maybe we should to change the following lines in 'config-db.php':
    $dbuser='YOUR_USER_NAME'
    $dbpass='YOUR_PASSWORD'

I see the same error at beginning, I modified those lines then no error show me again.

Beans

Worked for me as well. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by xjoywag View Post
    Maybe we should to change the following lines in 'config-db.php':
    $dbuser='YOUR_USER_NAME'
    $dbpass='YOUR_PASSWORD'

I see the same error at beginning, I modified those lines then no error show me again.
    I upgraded to Jaunty and did uninstalled en reinstalled gnome and Ubuntu Desktop because of some problems. Now I can enter PHP Myadmin, but I get this warning:
    Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

When I go to config.inc.php I see a blank file!? I entered:

$dbuser='YOUR_USER_NAME'
    $dbpass='YOUR_PASSWORD'

It got all messed up. I did not find a config.db.php in /var/lib/phpmyadmin...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Found the file in /etc/phpmyadmin. Will change the user/pw there. Then I logged on again. Lay-out as all gone like the css was all gone. I reinstalled all. Now I see these warning/messages:

Code:
    #0  PMA_sendHeaderLocation(http://localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php?token=dc2296b833fe47037618698da46c9a19) called at [/usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/auth/cookie.auth.lib.php:612]
    #1  PMA_auth_set_user() called at [/usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/common.inc.php:821]
    #2  require_once(/usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/common.inc.php) called at [/usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php:34]
    The I entered MySQL from ssh and saw I do no longer have a database phpmyadmin! How am I going to fix this?

I even reinstalled phpmyadmin, but it does not seem to help en the same error keeps popping up

P.S. All other database are still there.

I will start a new thread as this is no longer connected to earlier problem
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7414211
    Last edited by Stoneface; June 7th, 2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: additonal issues

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast