Thread: iPod Nano 4G stuck on 'OK to disconnect' after Songbird segmentation fault

Beans

Unhappy iPod Nano 4G stuck on 'OK to disconnect' after Songbird segmentation fault

Hi! I'm having a wee problem. I'm searching for the best iPod manager for my needs. Which, actually, are pretty basic. I installed Floola, which used to (4.8) work on my laptop, but I couldn't get 5.0 to successfully convert Ogg Vorbis files, which I've unfortunately ripped all of my cds as.

So, I tried Banshee. It worked great, after I installed the gstreamer ugly multiverse plug-in. I was so happy. So happy. It was just a few hours ago, but I look back on those days fondly.

Then I tried Songbird. I installed 1.1.2 from GetDeb, and it ran. I plugged my iPod in, and it didn't get added to the content browser. I went into Nautilus Edit/Preferences/Media and set 'Music Player' to 'Open with Other Application'/'Use a Custom Command' where I typed in 'songbird'. Then I plugged my iPod in.

Nothing apparently happened, so I went to a terminal, and typed in 'songbird.'
    Segmentation Fault
    It's actually been a while since I've seen a segfault. I didn't know they made them any more. Anyway, I went into nautilus and ejected the iPod. It now says 'OK to Disconnect.' It continues to say this after disconnecting.

It won't turn off. It'll take a week to wait out the battery, so I don't know how to restart it. So, I have a very expensive brick that's not even any good for throwing through windows.

Help?

Beans

Re: iPod Nano 4G stuck on 'OK to disconnect' after Songbird segmentation fault

OK. I drained it with the Bose speaker system, and it was fine when it restarted. Except for the fact that on aforementioned laptop, Banshee doesn't seem to be able to produce any sound. But, that's a separate problem. GNOME MPlayer and VLC both play the tunes, so I suspect it's a gstreamer problem. Anyway, it's a problem that doesn't need solving.