Thread: Qimo Build Day

Beans

Talking Qimo Build Day

Hi Everyone,

As per requested, I wanted to post a thread inviting you all out to Qimo's first build-day. We're taking old hardware, building new machines, and installing Qimo onto them. The purpose of this day is to build as many functional machines as possible, so we can place them with as many children as we can.

Information:

Location: Crestview Baptist, 6949 Old Polk City Rd, Lakeland 33809
    Time: 9 am to 2 pm
    Food: Yes, we'll feed ya.
    What to bring: Friends & Relations, old hardware

If you've got questions, please email me, or visit our website at www.qimo4kids.com

Thanks everyone!!

Beans

Re: Qimo Build Day

Too bad I'm going to miss this. Good luck! Sounds like its gonna be a great time.

dan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_Qimo View Post
    Hi Everyone,

As per requested, I wanted to post a thread inviting you all out to Qimo's first build-day. We're taking old hardware, building new machines, and installing Qimo onto them. The purpose of this day is to build as many functional machines as possible, so we can place them with as many children as we can.

Information:

Location: Crestview Baptist, 6949 Old Polk City Rd, Lakeland 33809
    Time: 9 am to 2 pm
    Food: Yes, we'll feed ya.
    What to bring: Friends & Relations, old hardware

If you've got questions, please email me, or visit our website at www.qimo4kids.com

Thanks everyone!!
    Sounds like some Fun!!! Let me know about the next opportunity as I will also not be able to participate this time. I wish all of you the best of Luck!

Chris C.
    ITnet7

Beans

Hi Gang! Thanks for all your thoughts and best wishes. We had an incredibly successful day. Got 13 towers built, and several more closer to ready. We had 23 show up out of a possible 29, ate until we felt fat, and had an all-in-all great time.

We had a 16 year old boy building towers side-by-side with his mom. We had my mother doing installation. We had my father-in-law up to his elbows in cases learning from a tech guy we'd never met face-to-face.

It was great to see Jack, one of the LoCo guys. The day could have only been better by the presence of the rest of you guys. But, it looks as though we'll put together another build day sometime in July, and hopefully you can participate then.

Thanks for making this day successful, everyone!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_Qimo View Post

The day could have only been better by the presence of the rest of you guys. But, it looks as though we'll put together another build day sometime in July, and hopefully you can participate then.

Thanks for making this day successful, everyone!
    Will definitely do my best to attend your next one!!! Thanks for the update!

Chris C.
    itnet7

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm so glad it went well! I was supposed to be there but we had a minor emergency here that morning and I couldn't get away from the house... but I'm very much looking forward to the next one. I was there "in spirit" though!

-Robin