Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

I don't know, I haven't installed/tested Gutsy. However, you can encode it with the mov format, mpeg4 video and mp3 audio for the codecs.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
    I don't know, I haven't installed/tested Gutsy. However, you can encode it with the mov format, mpeg4 video and mp3 audio for the codecs.
    Hi ,

I got it working with the gutsy ffmpeg source

apt-get source ffmpeg

However as I mentioned earlier the latest SVN of ffmpeg seems to me to not include h264 as an encoder.

Yes, I could encode mov format, mpeg4 video and mp3 audio for the codecs.

I do hope they haven't dropped H264 encoding from ffmpeg.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Lightbulb Re: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

ohhhhh I finally got it to work!!!!!!!
    after a day of compiling over and over the svn for ffmpeg and read this and many other webs, the error of the encoder aac, was because now it's libfaac (i know pretty stupid not to noticed before), so i've change that in the command line of ipodvidenc and another problem came up, the wrong timebase for mpeg4...... so.... after a few hours, i've finnaly got this command line to work:

ffmpeg -i "${input_file}" -f mp4 -vcodec mpeg4 -b 700k -aspect 4:3 -r 23.98 -s 320x240 -acodec libfaac -ar 48000

so i hope that works for you, because i spent all of my day trying to get it right :/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Trini45 View Post
    Hmm... i tried MelodyCan converter. Few mouse clicks and I can enjoy my lovely video. Number of conversions at a time is 8-12 files. It`s very good, quickly and comfortable to use.
    This smells like a malware advertisement. That's a Windows app and this is a Linux forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am wondering if anyone here has solved this problem but I am using fesity but all the videos I encode with vive have no sound on both my iphone and ipod video. Any one here found a fix, is this an ffmpeg issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

i get this using gutsy

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/vive line 368.
    Sempron 3800 2.2GHz 1Gig ram 160GB hdd Geforce 6100

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I just upgraded from Fiesty to 7.10 Gutsy.

ffmpeg ceased working in creating iPod videos, I assume because ffmpeg got updated, and my custom built one got overwritten. So I uninstalled ffmpeg, and followed the steps on the first page of this thread to reinstall it.

When I try to encode a video I get the following:
    Unknown encoder 'xvid'

Now I made sure to --enable-libxvid (it's listed at the beginning when ffmpeg is run)

I've also verified that libxvidcore4-dev is installed, and is the most current version...

Any idea why ffmpeg doesn't recognize my xvid codec?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am trying this program for use with my Sony MP3/Video Walkman... if it works, I'll be forever grateful!
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Scripts to Convert video to iPhone and PSP

Guys,

I don't know if these will help anyone, but I've been tinkering around with my iPhone and created some bash scripts that will help encode video to the iPhone and the PSP. They aren't anything super fancy, but some friends of mine and me find them useful.

They do depend on a working version of ffmpeg compiled with x264, libfaac, and xvid. They also rely upon AtomicParsley to tag the meta data correctly.

These scripts do a 2-pass encode on them.

I have started a Google Code project, and have placed them there. You can find it here:

http://code.google.com/p/vs4p/

I'd be interested to see if anyone finds them useful or has suggestions for improvements. If this isnt a good place to discuss, I can start a new thread.

Thanks

Woody

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Metallinut View Post
    I just upgraded from Fiesty to 7.10 Gutsy.

ffmpeg ceased working in creating iPod videos, I assume because ffmpeg got updated, and my custom built one got overwritten. So I uninstalled ffmpeg, and followed the steps on the first page of this thread to reinstall it.

When I try to encode a video I get the following:
    Unknown encoder 'xvid'

Now I made sure to --enable-libxvid (it's listed at the beginning when ffmpeg is run)

I've also verified that libxvidcore4-dev is installed, and is the most current version...

Any idea why ffmpeg doesn't recognize my xvid codec?
    Try with 'libxvid' instead of 'xvid'. A lot of the syntax has changed in recent ffmpeg versions, for example for -acodec you now need to do 'libfaac', not 'aac'.

ie. ffmpeg -i inputfile -vcodec libxvid -acodec libfaac

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast