Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

Beans

Re: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

Thanks Enders,

Will give this a try and let you know how it turns out.

Cheers

Beans

Hey Enders,

Tried a couple of various options and bitrates both 160 and 128, but unfortunately no joy. I'll keep at it and see if I crack it.

Cheers

Beans

hello guys,

first of all,i want to say im new to ubuntu and so far i managed to make my new operating system work flawlessly..but being new there are still so many things i dont understand..

i tried to install ffmpeg to encode videos for my ipod following the instructions from endersshadow but it aborts the installation all the times..

do i need to install ffmpeg first from repositories and then run the commands?
    also what is a SVN version of ffmpeg and how do i get it?from what i understand this is the only version that allows me to encode videos for ipod.

sorry about the nOOb questions but i really wanna make this thing work..

thanks

byeeee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I've been experimenting with different bitrates etc and I cannot get anything to work on the iPod. Not sure where to go from here, unfortunately I may have to use our Windows machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hey everybody, I'm actually out of town for the moment, but I'm heading back Monday and I'll get to everybody's questions upon return

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Just an fyi, I used Handbrake to encode a DVD then transferred it to my iPod, worked perfectly. So I've established the iPod, cable, and gtkpod are all ok.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

First of all, apologies on the tardiness. I actually just got a job (woot!) and will be moving half way across the country very shortly, so things are a bit crazy. If I don't immediately respond, that's why. Now, no more distractions about my personal life

Ubundragon: What error did you get when you tried to install ffmpeg? Once I have this, I can help you out further.

As for your question, the SVN version is just the latest version of ffmpeg, but note that any version of ffmpeg may be used to encode videos correctly, so long as they are compiled correctly. An easy way to do it is just to install the Medibuntu repository and then apt-get install ffmpeg. Life will be grand from there.

joe_bling: Can you possibly send me a sample video encoded with Handbrake? If you need a spot to upload it, I can throw up a quick FTP, but email me at endersshadow AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net and I'll dissect it from there and see what I can do with it. I have a feeling it's going to be something that is so simple that it ticks me off I didn't think of it before.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Vive always choosing the wrong audio channel, and I get directors commentary or german, usually. Only once seen English.

The preview shows the right audio, the right audio is usually the first and therefore most attractive option in the list, but no, Vive goes elsewhere, and there's no option of changing channels?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pink View Post
    Vive always choosing the wrong audio channel, and I get directors commentary or german, usually. Only once seen English.

The preview shows the right audio, the right audio is usually the first and therefore most attractive option in the list, but no, Vive goes elsewhere, and there's no option of changing channels?!
    What's the ffmpeg output (i.e.-the terminal output)?

Beans

trying to get mp4 video on my ipod, gtkpod complains about not being complied with mp4v2 lib.

Not sure how to fix it?

MrG

Last edited by MrGreen; August 19th, 2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: adding image
    MrGreen

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast