Thread: Gnomenu wont add to panel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Gnomenu wont add to panel

I am new to ubuntu. I am trying to get Gnomenu working and it wont let me add it to panel. I downloaded 1.8 and cd to the gnomenu folder then run sudo make install. After that I go to my panel and click add to panel but it never shows up on my panel. I just do not know what I am doing wrong. I am using ubuntu 9.04. I have not had any problems with anything else I have done with ubuntu I cant get this to work. Any Ideas?
    Last edited by Caleb.Robertson; May 1st, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Gnomenu wont add to panel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb.Robertson View Post
    I am new to ubuntu. I am trying to get Gnomenu working and it wont let me add it to panel. I downloaded 1.8 and cd to the gnomenu folder then run sudo make install. After that I go to my panel and click add to panel but it never shows up on my panel. I just do not know what I am doing wrong. I am using ubuntu 9.04. I have not had any problems with anything else I have done with ubuntu I cant get this to work. Any Ideas?
    maybe some dependencies are missing!
    also there is no reason to compile gnomenu as you can get all packages in .deb format here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm having the same problem, I think. If you look closely you may be able to see a single white pixel on the panel. If it's running you should also see the /usr/bin/GnoMen process running.

I haven't tried installed 1.6 yet, just did 1.8. Please let me know if that works for you.