Thread: Microsoft Strategic Commander Key Mapping

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Arrow Microsoft Strategic Commander Key Mapping

I'm trying to do what the title says, but unsure of where to start. I've got jscalibrator downloaded, and the device is detected. Buttons all register.

I'd like to be able to map the buttons to various hotkeys. Basically, I'm building a home theatre PC case, and I've taken the thing apart to use the buttons on the front panel of the PC (play, pause, maybe use one of the three axes as a volume knob, even...).

I tried QJoyPad, but apparently there are unresolved dependencies, and it won't install.
    "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libqt3c102-mt" is what it says in nice, bold red text.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 presently, but seeing as the PC isn't built yet, I can try a different version when I get it up and running.

EDIT: Same issue in 8.04.
    Last edited by sloppyc; May 1st, 2009 at 03:51 AM.

Re: Microsoft Strategic Commander Key Mapping

Moved to Absolute Beginners.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro

Oops, sorry, thought it belonged in the other place. Now I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Ideas, anyone?

Beans
    Distro

I was rather hoping to avoid using Windows for this HTPC, but if I can't get this sorted, I'm out of luck

The only thing I've found is this, but it references an autoexec.cfg file that I'm unfamiliar with.
    Last edited by sloppyc; May 29th, 2009 at 05:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro

bump