Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help displaying selective eth info in Conky

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Need help displaying selective eth info in Conky

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrown View Post
    I did check for the file in each directory, and yes it does show up. I also searched and found that I also have the eth0 eth1 lo and pan0 folders.

I tried to open up the operstate file but it gives me a "no such device" error.

Would it also be important to note that I copy and pasted your original code straight into my conky?

I assumed that it was written in way that is pretty common. I have the same file structure in my system, but it could be that I need to change the paths.

I am still playing with it, but nothing is giving me a positive result.
    Basically you should replace every instance of wlan0 with eth1. That is if I'm correct in my assumption that when you're connected to LAN /sys/class/net/eth0/operstate is 'up' and when you're connected to wireless /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate is 'up'.

This should work for you if the above statement is true.
    Code:
    ${color gold}NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${alignc}${color red}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth0/operstate up}WIRED${else}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate up}Wi-Fi$endif$endif
    ${offset 5}${color cornflowerblue}Hostname${color}${alignr}$nodename
    ${offset 5}${color cornflowerblue}User${color}${alignr}${execi 1000 whoami}
    ${offset 5}${color cornflowerblue}Public IP${alignr}${color}${execi 1000 wget -O - http://whatismyip.org/ | tail}
    ${offset 5}${color cornflowerblue}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth0/operstate up}Private IP$color$alignr${addr eth0}$else${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate up}Private IP$color$alignr ${addr eth1}$endif$endif
    ${offset 5}${color cornflowerblue}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth0/operstate up}Down: $color${downspeed eth0} k/s${color cornflowerblue}{$alignr}Total: $color${totaldown eth0}$else${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate up}MAC $color$alignr ${wireless_ap eth1}$endif$endif
    ${offset 5}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth0/operstate up}${downspeedgraph eth0 000000 ffffff}$else${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate up}${wireless_essid eth1}${alignr}${wireless_bitrate eth1} ${wireless_link_qual_perc eth1}%$endif$endif
    ${offset 5}${color cornflowerblue}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth0/operstate up}Up: $color${upspeed eth0} k/s${color cornflowerblue}${alignr}Total: $color${totalup eth0}$else${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate up}Down: $color${downspeed eth1} k/s${color cornflowerblue}$alignr Total: $color${totaldown eth1}$endif$endif
    ${offset 5}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth0/operstate up}${upspeedgraph eth0 000000 ffffff}$else${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate up}${downspeedgraph eth1 000000 ffffff}$endif$endif
    ${offset 5}${color cornflowerblue}${if_existing /sys/class/net/eth1/operstate up}Up: $color${upspeed eth1} k/s${color cornflowerblue}${alignr}Total: $color${totalup eth1}
    ${offset 5}${upspeedgraph eth1 000000 ffffff}$endif

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

/facepalm

Eureka! That worked! *happy dance*

You rock dude!

Tested on both wireless and "hard wired" (as I call it).

Works great! Thanks A Lot!
    Last edited by MikeBrown; May 5th, 2009 at 04:24 AM.
    Tregrix: HP Pavilion dv9000 Laptop with an AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-64 2.20 GHz Processors, 2 Gigs RAM, Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 Graphics card, Dual Booting Windows Vista and Ubuntu 9.04

Twitter?

Beans
    Distro

/facepalm

Eureka! That worked! *happy dance*

You rock dude!

Tested on both wireless and "hard wired" (as I call it).

Works great! Thanks A Lot!
    Awesome! You're welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have one final question: is there a way to delay the whatismyip command, because that takes a lot longer than it should and prevents conky from launching right away.

I would like for conky to launch at start up and then load my programs THEN get the internet information. Is that possible?
    Tregrix: HP Pavilion dv9000 Laptop with an AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-64 2.20 GHz Processors, 2 Gigs RAM, Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 Graphics card, Dual Booting Windows Vista and Ubuntu 9.04

Twitter?

Beans
    Distro

I have one final question: is there a way to delay the whatismyip command, because that takes a lot longer than it should and prevents conky from launching right away.

I would like for conky to launch at start up and then load my programs THEN get the internet information. Is that possible?
    I had to start conky up later sometimes as well. What you can do is in your startup script that starts conky
    Code:
    sleep 60 && conky;
    So when conky is started, it will "sleep" (wait) 60 seconds before it runs conky. You can adjust the '60' accordingly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

roger, thanks again!

Twitter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12