Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clock is wrong on 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Clock is wrong on 9.04

Quote Originally Posted by prem1er View Post
    Thanks. Trailer Park Boys by any chance?

Know of the show, don't understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by CatKiller View Post
    Actually, as of 9.04, Ubuntu defaults to UTC=no.
    Thanks, didn't know that. Like I said I haven't had to do it in a long time. Ubuntu is single boot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Steinberg View Post
    But that wouldn't account for the 20-25 minute difference I've got. All it would do is change the time zone, which is a matter of hours, right?
    Correct, though my response was to the poster who mentioned he was having the issue with Windows and you hadn't mentioned what the time difference was.

Replaced your BIOS battery yet? Have you verified you are definitely connecting to a time server? Does it happen when you turn off the auto-update for the time?

Would this apply?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Steinberg View Post
    But that wouldn't account for the 20-25 minute difference I've got. All it would do is change the time zone, which is a matter of hours, right?
    To tell the truth, I'm actually having the same problem, and have been since Intrepid - I think even since Hardy. I had hoped with the release of Jaunty that it would fix itself but such is not the way of it, so I've resolved to find a way to fix the problem finally.

When I restart my PC, the time seems correct. However, after being on for several hours the time starts to lag behind more and more, until I reboot again. I too am set to sync with internet servers, although they don't seem to actually do anything - when I switch to manual mode in the date/time prefs and force a sync, nothing actually happens.

I haven't yet tried replacing my mobo battery, but this computer isn't particularly old so I have yet to be convinced that this could be the issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

you need to replace the CMOS battery.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CatKiller View Post
    Actually, as of 9.04, Ubuntu defaults to UTC=no.
    I installed the full Ubuntu version 9.04 on the usb startup boot disk creator. It set UTC=yes. Making the change to UTC=no solved my time problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by ckuter View Post
    I installed the full Ubuntu version 9.04 on the usb startup boot disk creator. It set UTC=yes. Making the change to UTC=no solved my time problem.
    Fair enough. I was obviously misinformed.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Yeah, got this problem in intrepid. Did not have it before. Hoped it to be fixed in Jaunty. Now i am running Jaunty 9.10 and still the problem exist. I tried to install the NTP and update through internet with no success. I have been single booting Ubuntu since 9.04.
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe | Graphic card: Ati Radeon 1950 pro | Wifi: RTL8187

Beans

Smile Re: Clock is wrong on 9.04

My system clock was running too fast. 10 seconds ahead every minute. My CPU and RAM were overclocked in BIOS. Once I set them to Auto/Standard speeds, my fast system clock problem was resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12