Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Errno 5 Input/Output error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Errno 5 Input/Output error

Ok, I get this Errno5 error EVERY time I've tried to install the 9.04 final. I had previously used the beta and it installed fine. I burned 2 cds with 2 different isos (redownloaded them) and even redownloaded it AGAIN and used a live USB, BUT EVERY DAMN TIME ERRNO5. same spot. without fail.
    Last edited by screaminj3sus; April 29th, 2009 at 02:47 AM.
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Errno 5 Input/Output error

WTF downlaoded it again via bittorrent this time so I know the hash matches. Installed via usb with a differtn drive and usb slot STILL THE SAME DAMN ERROR.

THIS IS RETARDED
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Same issue. Its 23% every single time. I had this issue with hardy. All other ubuntu versions from edgy to intrepid worked perfectly. HArdy and Jaunty have this issue for me.
    I'm desperately look for a solution.

Beans

I had the same problems.
    Checked Hard drive - no problems
    Checked MD5checksum - no problem
    reformated harddrive - no success
    reburned cd at low speed - no success
    burned on DVD - no success

at one point I pulled out my CD-ROM Drive from my LAPTOP and put it back in - success. Worked like a charm.

I read in other threads that some people removed some RAM bars which helped them.... a miracle.

So it seems it is always somewhat hardware related...

just my 50 cent

Beans
    Distro

the ram one is new to me. Will try that and post results.

Beans
    Distro

it worked!! thanks alot for the advice. The original poster should try it too.

Beans
    Distro

Mmmm the ram thing didn't work for me... I thought maybe it could be something to do with my TV card, so I took it away but didn't work either.
    I tried burning more than one cd image at different speeds and didn't work. Tried booting from a memory stick and the same error appears after a 44% of the installation as it always does.
    This is making me sick!
    Please, I need some help...
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Solved for me!

I got thr same "(Errno 5)input/output error" all the time (at 56% mark of the install) what ever I did. Then I tried to flash Netbook Remix -version to my USB -stick. That made the trick and installation succeed! (maybe there's some bug in the ISO writing to USB stick, but flashing the IMG works?)

So, one possible solution is to install Netbook Remix -version of Ubuntu 9.04

Good luck from Sunny Spain!

Beans
    Distro

Finally i decided to install ubuntu 8.04 from de cd (everything went perfect) and upgrated to 8.10 and then to 9.04. Ubuntu Jaunty is working perfectly (except that i have no audio on tvtime... but that's other issue).
    Thanks anyway

Beans

I had the same error repeatedly. As a last resort I put the Ubuntu CD in the Toshiba DVD-ROM drive on my PC instead of the Sony DVD-RW drive. It loaded perfectly.

I had previously burned an additional copy of the CD at 4x speed, cleaned the CD etc - all to no avail.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast