Thread: Wubi has no install inside windows option..

Beans

Unhappy Wubi has no install inside windows option..

Hey everyone. I've downloaded 9.04 and run the live cd just fine on my MSI Wind machine. However, when I try and run Wubi (which won't autostart) it runs BUT won't show the "install inside windows" option at all.

The same cd/usb shows the option just fine on my desktop. I did have a wubi partition with 8.10 before which I uninstalled and deleted.

My C: partition is Windows, and my second partition is OSX. On he c: I have over 15 gigs left.

I'm completely baffled as to why this option won't show up! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Wubi has no install inside windows option..

Wubi probably wants a big chunk of contiguous space, and your free space may be spread across the Windows partition. Try doing a defrag in Windows to see if that helps.

Beans

Thanks for the suggestion...I will try that.

Beans

No such luck. It's still missing the same option. I put in my old 8.10 stick and Wubi worked perfectly.

I ended up having to install 8.10 clean and then upgrade to 9.04 through the update manager.

I'm baffled by why wubi (9.04) would not have that option whild 8.10 does.

Beans

Cool Re: Wubi has no install inside windows option..

i have this problem too on a brand new win7 machine with 75gb free in primary partition. this is with wubi 10.04. i think wubi sees recovery partition or something and hence does not give 'install inside windows' option. very strange!

Edit - i tried on 2 more laptops and it works on one but does not work on another. This is really strange and irritating !! - would be nice if someone can hint on some argument which would force it to show the install 'inside windows option'

Edit 2 - i tried with wubi-182 from here http://people.canonical.com/~evand/wubi/lucid/ - thats the newest one which works. However it does not recognize the latest ISO, I have. So it attempts to download and once download it can't recognize the download iso and so downloads again in an endless loop!
    Point to the iso with --skipmd5check does not help.
    I have this problem on 2 of 3 laptops (win7 and winxp)

edit 3 - ok it was a lame thing - the reason why I was not getting the option to install inside windows was because wubi saw the livecd/usb inserted so it assumed I don't want to do regular wubi and just asked me to boot from livecd - taking out the usb worked and wubi loaded properly, but the UI should be fixed!!
    Last edited by jatinps; May 3rd, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Beans

Thanks dude this thing worked out for me..