Thread: Jaunty won't boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Jaunty won't boot

Ok so I installed Jaunty from the update manager. Everything seemed to go smoothly and I've been using jaunty for a few days now.

I'm now having issues. Quite substantial ones too. when I turn my system on I get just past the GRUB menu. After that I'm getting a blinking cursor and no further activity. The HDD activity light is not doing anything and stays off.

Please help...

Beans

Re: Jaunty won't boot

Hello-

I am having the same problem. Now, with my Dell Pentium III laptop I do not know how to access the Internet when I cannot get to the desktop. I have very limited technical skills and had a computer shop install 8.10 and then I "tried" to install Jaunty.
    Thanks,
    Chausse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am also having the same problem with Jaunty using the AMD64 version of Ubuntustudio on my Dual AMD CPU system. Anybody found a reason for this? There was a funny error I saw during boot about ATA1 and ATA2 not ready. Not sure what that means as I am using SATA bus.

I am going to try the regular version of Jaunty. If that doesn't work, it'll be back to the earlier version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok....there does appear to be some problem related to the error I reported in my earlier post. Might be a hardware issue and may have more to do with AMD systems than INTEL.

Check out these threads...

http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/sh....php?p=6976367
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/350946