Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Nautilus] Sort by & Group by File Order Setting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [Nautilus] Sort by & Group by File Order Setting

Hey wait, to a certain degree i manage to arrange my files to kinda to what the person need. take a look here.

What I did was I arrange myfiles by name, then I proceeded with arrange by type.
    And I got the arrangement as you can see. It is just that, I can't get it seggregated by group in their specific spaces yet.

One funny thing I realised is that, Ubuntu arranged files by name in descending Z-A order, not A-Z. weird huh?
    Hi, I am Ihsan: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/inashdeen
    Kasr El Ain Medical School,Cairo University, Egypt. Malaysian Linux user, Free sourcer and part time geek since 2008.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by inashdeen View Post
    Hey wait, to a certain degree i manage to arrange my files to kinda to what the person need. take a look here.

What I did was I arrange myfiles by name, then I proceeded with arrange by type.
    And I got the arrangement as you can see. It is just that, I can't get it seggregated by group in their specific spaces yet.

One funny thing I realised is that, Ubuntu arranged files by name in descending Z-A order, not A-Z. weird huh?
    Yeah. It is still not perfect, and it is still hard to tell what files are in which group because there is no dividing line.

I want the dividers for the files in a group. When I click on the group dividers, I can select multiple files of those groups. When I toggle (expand/collapse) the divider, I can either show or hide the files in the group.

Beans

I support this idea. I wait for years in this feature. Now Dolphin was realized this. How about Nautilus?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12