Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FutureLooks 3 Core Theme released! (Feedback needed)

Beans

Re: FutureLooks 3 Core Theme released! (Feedback needed)

Brilliant theme, i love it. I was already using an earlier version of futurelooks before I saw this.

Amazing!!
    For high-res minimalist and abstract wallpapers check out my Deviantart profile - http://hyperdude111.deviantart.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Dagonn View Post
    Am i the only one who have some troubles with the Emerald ..?

Sometimes, the buttons minimize/maximize/close disappear..
    Minimize all windows and bring them up again. Or click "show desktop".

It shouldn't happen unless you're tweaking compiz settings.
    Laptop: Inspiron 1501 - AMD64 (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, 120 GB HDD, ATI 1150. Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty testing.
    Beginner's Guide to the Terminal! | FutureLooks 3 on GNOME-Look | Follow me on Twitter!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Feel free to try the gtk theme (basically a beta but little will change), which is based on Murrine and uses glassy scrollbars/progressbars (like Oxygen on KDE). Screenshot on the first page of the June Desktop thread. And yes, you do need the latest Murrine, which means if you have Jaunty, you'll be fine.

Note that I haven't specified the default colors for the theme to use, so you might have to tweak it a bit in the appearance manager.

It should, however, work fine with the emerald decorations (e.g match the emerald colors) out of the box.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Laptop: Inspiron 1501 - AMD64 (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, 120 GB HDD, ATI 1150. Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty testing.
    Beginner's Guide to the Terminal! | FutureLooks 3 on GNOME-Look | Follow me on Twitter!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Just read that the murrine svn supports transparency, does your theme include any?
    Microsoft's crimes - Ubuntu CE - Windows 7 sins

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOtaku View Post
    No no, I won't indulge your superiority complex... But if you'd like to tell me something you're passionate about, I'd love the chance to belittle it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Just read that the murrine svn supports transparency, does your theme include any?
    The last I heard of Murrine, it required patches to every app that you wanted to be transparent... has that changed then?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Oh, didn't know that. Anyway, the emerald border is light, but the gtk theme looks darker. Are you going to release multiple versions?
    Microsoft's crimes - Ubuntu CE - Windows 7 sins

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOtaku View Post
    No no, I won't indulge your superiority complex... But if you'd like to tell me something you're passionate about, I'd love the chance to belittle it.

Beans

Very nice, I'll have to check that out when I get home
    Intel Dual Core E5300 2.66GHz, 4GB DDR2 PC6400, 60GB OCZ Agility Solid State System Drive, 150GB 10,000RPM HDD, 750GB 7,200RPM HDD, XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog, XION Solaris Case and 20" Dell Monitor, Slackware13 64 Bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Oh, didn't know that. Anyway, the emerald border is light, but the gtk theme looks darker. Are you going to release multiple versions?
    I thought this might happen. You can change the gtk color by changing the settings in the appearance manager for now. When you get the color chooser cursor, click on the lowest part of the emerald border to get matching colors.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Major update today. Firstly, the theme is now available in separate parts on GNOME-look (but you might already know this). The link is in my signature.

The theme now has a GTK element based on Murrine and has a metacity theme to use instead of emerald (see the OP for a screenshot). A switch to the elementary icons fits the overall theme better and reduced the size of the entire archive to 10mb.

Hope you enjoy it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345