Thread: wireless in ubuntu studio 9.10

Beans

wireless in ubuntu studio 9.10

I just installed ubuntu studio 9.04. My wireless connections worked just fine in previous ubuntu versions but I cannot seem ti get it running in this version. I noticed that the network manager that I was so familiar isn't there so I installed it but when I try to use it I can't because it says "device not managed" in both wired and wireless networks. My wired connection is running fine.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: wireless in ubuntu studio 9.10

What I did was, get the regular Ubuntu CD and the Ubuntu Studio DVD. Install the regular Ubuntu and then on the console write:

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video

I wrote all the packages in there for you to choose. The desktop one is the Studio looks, with the login screen and all. Choose a local repository or a foreign one (for now, the Portuguese works great for this)... so that upon the installation it asks for the UbuntuStudio DVD and you don't have to spend network traffic or depend on your network connection. Maybe not connecting to the network will also work. I was watching the Celtics match at the time. LOL! And installing this way, you even get Open Office instead of having to install it from the repositories. And it's way better configured than with the "alternate" install. It sucks, so much. A Live CD for the Ubuntu Studio without access to the programs would help a lot. Just for the Desktop Environment.
    Last edited by Glucklich; May 7th, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    "There's no such thing as illegal immigrants, only illegal Governments..."

Beans

Thanks a lot Glucklich, I'll try to install as you said.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Greender View Post
    Thanks a lot Glucklich, I'll try to install as you said.
    Let me know how that worked out for you.
    Oh, I forgot. The bars will appear like in regular Ubuntu. Not the style, that will be Studio. The division, like the two bars instead of one, the regular menu instead of the simplified menu. But it's all in there, just substitute the regular menu for the simplified and configure the rest in your way.
    "There's no such thing as illegal immigrants, only illegal Governments..."

Beans

hi this is allmost working perfect but just dont install nvidia drivers thoes dont seams to be working yet
    when installing like this i get a even more nice desktop layout like a mix off karmic desk and ubuntu studio
    real nice

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Glucklich View Post
    What I did was, get the regular Ubuntu CD and the Ubuntu Studio DVD. Install the regular Ubuntu and then on the console write:

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video

I wrote all the packages in there for you to choose. The desktop one is the Studio looks, with the login screen and all. Choose a local repository or a foreign one (for now, the Portuguese works great for this)... so that upon the installation it asks for the UbuntuStudio DVD and you don't have to spend network traffic or depend on your network connection. Maybe not connecting to the network will also work. I was watching the Celtics match at the time. LOL! And installing this way, you even get Open Office instead of having to install it from the repositories. And it's way better configured than with the "alternate" install. It sucks, so much. A Live CD for the Ubuntu Studio without access to the programs would help a lot. Just for the Desktop Environment.

You don´t get different kernel this way though do you?