Thread: Greetings from Chattanooga

Beans

Greetings from Chattanooga

I just wanted to send a quick hello to the Tennesseans. I've been using Ubuntu/Xubuntu since 7.04 (tried 6.04, but couldn't get wireless working and gave up). I've been kind of a lone wolf on the forums since '07. I recently got a Macbook (you don't have to say it...), crashed OSX and lost just about everything. So, after giving OSX a try, I'm back with linux and loving every minute of it. I spent my time on OSX trying to figure out how to get things the way I like them and was never able to. So when it crashed, I said, "good riddance," and had Jaunty set up within a few days.

I'm no hacker, but I've learned a thing or two over the past couple years, so I hope I can help out a little here and there.

So if there's anyone from Chattanooga, drop me a line.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Greetings from Chattanooga

Quote Originally Posted by skubisnack View Post
    I just wanted to send a quick hello to the Tennesseans. I've been using Ubuntu/Xubuntu since 7.04 (tried 6.04, but couldn't get wireless working and gave up). I've been kind of a lone wolf on the forums since '07. I recently got a Macbook (you don't have to say it...), crashed OSX and lost just about everything. So, after giving OSX a try, I'm back with linux and loving every minute of it. I spent my time on OSX trying to figure out how to get things the way I like them and was never able to. So when it crashed, I said, "good riddance," and had Jaunty set up within a few days.

I'm no hacker, but I've learned a thing or two over the past couple years, so I hope I can help out a little here and there.

So if there's anyone from Chattanooga, drop me a line.
    |1nux 15 n07 4 h4(k0r ()5
    Translation: linux is not a hacker OS.

my time in east TN is split between Knoxville metro area & Chattanooga Metro Area.
    Most of the time it's 30 mi. to the north, Cleveland, TN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm in Chattanooga too ([tpm] on irc). Glad to see some activity here again.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Greetings from Chattanooga

Im Close enough to Chattanooga with in 30min. and is is nice to see that there are ppl in the Chattanooga area who have seen the light...

Beans
    Distro

I'm not from Chatt. but greetings from Knoxville!
    /* Christopher Lunsford
    binarymutant.org */

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hello from Cleveland!

Just getting around the forums... new ubuntu user since about Feb this year.
    Although not entirely new to Linux. Thus my weird love for e.
    OpenGEU 8.10 Luna Serena 64bit
    AMD Athlon-X2 6000+ / 8gb DDR2-800 RAM / Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H / Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT / 640gb HD
    Acer Aspire 6530 : AMD Athlon X2 / 3gb DDR2-667 RAM / ATI HD3200 / 250gb HD