Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Help keeping selected frequency

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Beans
    582

    Help keeping selected frequency

    I need some help keeping the selected frequency for my laptop. Whenever I choose something other then ondemand and do a restart, it resets itself back to the default of ondemand. This is annoying changing it everytime I reboot. I would like to just keep what I had selected.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Beans
    13,510
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon88tube View Post
    I need some help keeping the selected frequency for my laptop. Whenever I choose something other then ondemand and do a restart, it resets itself back to the default of ondemand. This is annoying changing it everytime I reboot. I would like to just keep what I had selected.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...0&postcount=10
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Beans
    582

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Umm, yeah that doesn't exist in Ubuntu 9.04

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Beans
    582

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Its been 5 days since someone replied to this. I need to keep the selected frequency in 9.04 and cpufreq,powernowd are no longer used in this version so the above comment has done me no good whatsoever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    609
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon88tube View Post
    Its been 5 days since someone replied to this. I need to keep the selected frequency in 9.04 and cpufreq,powernowd are no longer used in this version so the above comment has done me no good whatsoever.
    Post the output:

    Code:
    cat /boot/config-[Insert Your Kernel Version] | grep -i cpufreq
    You do not want an invalid magic cookie.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Beans
    582

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Here is the output
    Code:
    cat /boot/config-2.6.28-11-generic | grep -i cpufreq
    CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ=y
    # CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ_PROC_INTF is not set

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    609
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon88tube View Post
    Here is the output
    Code:
    cat /boot/config-2.6.28-11-generic | grep -i cpufreq
    CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ=y
    # CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ_PROC_INTF is not set
    Code:
    cat /etc/modules | grep cpufreq
    You do not want an invalid magic cookie.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Beans
    582

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Nothing prints out from that command.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    609
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon88tube View Post
    Nothing prints out from that command.
    Try adding this:

    Code:
    acpi-cpufreq
    ...to your /etc/modules file, then do this:

    Code:
    sudo modprobe acpi-cpufreq
    ...and restart. Then try setting it again.
    You do not want an invalid magic cookie.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Beans
    582

    Re: Help keeping selected frequency

    What exactly am I doing here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •