Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaunty Broadcom (BCM4328) Wireless Problem

Beans

Re: Jaunty Broadcom (BCM4328) Wireless Problem

Hi I've been having the same problem for quite a while now and the link on Post #6 was great because it enabled the driver so now it is scanning for networks but it won't actually connect to any of my networks. In the FAQ i followed in Post #6 the command where it started to have errors was this command:

sudo modprobe ndiswrapper

which came right after the: sudo rmmod commands

The error I'm getting is this:

WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it will be ignored in a future release.
    WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.

I'm kinda a beginner but this error makes me feel like im missing a file. It seems like any solution command someone gives me just has the same outcome error. The same error appears if i do...

sudo modprobe wl

Additional information:

lsmod: beginning prints
    Module Size Used by
    wl 1489748 0
    b44 35984 0
    ssb 41220 1 b44
    ndiswrapper 193308 0

lshw -c network: prints

*-network:1
    description: Wireless interface
    product: BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller
    vendor: Broadcom Corporation
    physical id: 2
    bus info: pci@0000:02:02.0
    logical name: wlan0
    version: 03
    serial: 00:90:4b:44:68:93
    width: 32 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: bus_master ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ndiswrapper+bcmwl5 driverversion=1.54+ASUS,03/22/2004, 3.60.7.0 latency=128 module=ndiswrapper multicast=yes wireless

I'm so tired of this problem please help me
    -Shmoog

Beans

Just another "me too" for another machine: HP Pavilion dv2000. The multi-restart sequence appears to have worked well here too. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had to reinstall Ubuntu 9.04 on my HP DV2620 laptop (for another problem I created while messing around),

On a hunch, I simply uninstalled the driver, re-booted, re-installed the driver and re-booted again, and this solved my problem more quickly...

Beans

Hown can I uninstall this driver?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Connect: YES
    Connect with WPA-PSK encryption: NO
    This seems to be my real problem. In order for my wi-fi to be truly working, I must be able to connect with WPA. No choice.
    I here that the regular's are getting WPA encryp and am wondering what type of set-up they are using. I have used native drivers and ndiswrapper( w/ndis recommended driver), both to the same end, no WPA. Wired works great.
    Any Ideas on how to get encryption working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

This seems to have worked for myself as well. I followed the sequence and at first I thought it was a fail, but I had in my attempts to get the wireless working installed WICD and removed network manager. I guess WICD wanted me to actually specify the wireless card (ex 'eth1') in the properties page. Once I did that it worked no problem.

Thanks again for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah478 View Post
    This seems to have worked for myself as well. I followed the sequence and at first I thought it was a fail, but I had in my attempts to get the wireless working installed WICD and removed network manager. I guess WICD wanted me to actually specify the wireless card (ex 'eth1') in the properties page. Once I did that it worked no problem.

Thanks again for the help!
    Hi Jeremiah478,
    Did this process get WPA encryption working for you?
    I didn't remove 'Network Manager' before trying these steps. I Will remove andlet you know if conflict is the issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Angry Re: Jaunty Broadcom (BCM4328) Wireless Problem

Hello,

i installed ubuntu on my HP tx1000z a month back. The wifi didnt work out of the box so i looked for a solution on this forum and after mulling over it a few days, the wifi worked after the solutions provided in the following thread. the solution was more like go to 'hardware drivers' deactivate/activate broadcom STA drivers followed with a restart.

http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums....=703374&page=2

it was working fine untill a few days back. Some how the wifi stopped showing in the network manager. I tried all the solutions provided around ndiswrapper and the links i had used, that made it work in the first place. But it just wouldnt work.

i am trying to install the broadcom STA drivers provided at (http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php) following the instructions in readme file. that didnt work.

I have the wifi enabled from the switch, the light is turned on, bluetooth symbol shows up, but lspci command does not return the wifi hardware in the list.

I dunno what to do! i dont even know if my wifi H/W is intact or burned off? none of the solutions seem to rescue. i have been trying to solve this for over a week now. please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

You have just saved me man, let me tell you i was going nuts here trying to figure this out, i have tried everything in google, every sticky i could find on forums and stuff and you know what THIS ONE WORKED....

Literally i have spent two hours trying to get my wireless card to work and here this guy says flip a switch restart flip more restart again and install and what the hell it works...

Sounds like something you do to a soda vending machine

"press 1 once, press 3 twice, press 6 3 times: get all free soda you want"

You have to do it in that same exact order too i tried 3 times before i did it right i guess. Thanks man.
    Ubuntu Is My Friend | PalaceQuadrant.net The Nets Unknown.

Laptop Dell XPS M1530 | Dual-Boot: Vista 64BIT & WUBI Ubuntu 10.04 amd64 | 6 GB RAM | Core2 Duo @ 2.40GHz | GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB

Beans

Wow this worked for me too i have been stuck on this issue for a month I ended up upgrading to fix it but 11.04 and 11.10 suck so I reinstalled and found this page!!
    I thought the same thing ya right press this reboot bla bla I though but it works thank you so much!
    Got my old gnome back!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12