Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by charleskw View Post
    What exactly do I need to do?
    System -> Administration -> Software Sources

    (Ignore my mirror in the attached screenshot)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linux Mint 8 64 Bit | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.80GHz (OC) | 4GB Kingston RAM | Asus P5Q Delux Motherboard | Asus EN9800GT (NVIDIA) | WD 120GB / WD 720GB SATA2 HDDs

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    609
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by pw_f100_220 View Post
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

    ?
    The GM965 drivers are built in with the kernel.

    Take a look at this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyJackal...known%20issues
    You do not want an invalid magic cookie.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere
    Beans
    74
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    hmmmm...I did some purging your way codeseer, then reinstalled flash...it's still choppy, so I tried "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy" and was blessed with incessantly blinking gnome panels...which i'm not ok with. My xorg.conf is now back to default yet the blinking panels still persist. I have done a restart and all...this is very interesting, I might install fluxbox sooner than I thought

    Thanks for helping so far! I have not yet begun to fight!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere
    Beans
    74
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    I am using dual monitors...that often helps screw things up

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    609
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by pw_f100_220 View Post
    hmmmm...I did some purging your way codeseer, then reinstalled flash...it's still choppy, so I tried "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy" and was blessed with incessantly blinking gnome panels...which i'm not ok with. My xorg.conf is now back to default yet the blinking panels still persist. I have done a restart and all...this is very interesting, I might install fluxbox sooner than I thought

    Thanks for helping so far! I have not yet begun to fight!
    That is interesting. This and other issues arising makes me want to wait to switch to Jaunty. Besides, my md5sums are both wrong for the 32-bit and 64-bit.

    Edit:

    From my readings, it seems that a handful of people have had luck by upgrading the kernel to 2.6.30rc3.
    Last edited by codeseer; April 24th, 2009 at 05:42 AM.
    You do not want an invalid magic cookie.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere
    Beans
    74
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    JUST DO IT!!! no greater feeling than jumping into the unknown then climbing out of it again with whatever you may learn! unless of course you have a current project that you need to get done before you can devote your attention to such a crusade. besides, you seem more experienced and competent with Ubuntu than me.

    plus it makes you appreciate a stable install that much more. I installed Fluxbox and it looks better than ever in Jaunty, even though it's the same Fluxbox. I didn't see that eyepleaser in my future, but it's now the present! at such a small price!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    609
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    Yeah, I've got to keep my system fairly stable until the 6th when college turns out.
    You do not want an invalid magic cookie.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    5

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    I'm trying to install Flash but I get a wrong architecure message 'i386'. I am running the 64bit version of Ubuntu. Please help!

    EDIT: Never mind, don't know what I did but it is working now.
    Last edited by MacAlert; April 24th, 2009 at 05:58 AM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    609
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAlert View Post
    I'm trying to install Flash but I get a wrong architecure message 'i386'. I am running the 64bit version of Ubuntu. Please help!
    Download it from here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

    Extract it using: tar zxvf libflashplayer-*.tar.gz

    Clean up past installation of Flash:

    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove -y --purge flashplugin-nonfree gnash gnash-common mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla libflashsupport nspluginwrapper
    sudo rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -f ~/.mozilla/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -rfd /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper
    Install the new Flash:

    Code:
    sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
    sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/
    sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so  /usr/lib/xulrunner-addons/plugins
    You do not want an invalid magic cookie.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    5

    Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

    Quote Originally Posted by codeseer View Post
    Download it from here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

    Extract it using: tar zxvf libflashplayer-*.tar.gz

    Clean up past installation of Flash:

    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove -y --purge flashplugin-nonfree gnash gnash-common mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla libflashsupport nspluginwrapper
    sudo rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -f ~/.mozilla/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/*flash*
    sudo rm -rfd /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper
    Install the new Flash:

    Code:
    sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
    sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/
    sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so  /usr/lib/xulrunner-addons/plugins
    Where do I save the file from Adobe? Sorry for the dumb questions, very new to Linux.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •