Thread: unable to access menu on sun virtualbox machine window (guest: windows xp)

Beans

unable to access menu on sun virtualbox machine window (guest: windows xp)

Hi

I am a linux fan but just a beginer at it.

I have installed ubuntu 8.10 and installed Sun Virtualbox (so I could access USB), hosting windows XP.
    It used to work fine, even with compiz fusion.

There my only "if" was my inability to use a shared folder between the host and the guest. I didn't care because I managed to access my external usb drive from "both" machines, one at a time of course...

Last week I got ubuntu studio installed through synaptic, and it is great, but I seem to have lost the capability to access the menu on the virtual machine window, and now I cannnot edit any of the settings e.g. in the Devices menu.

The "Windows XP " window just gets maximized and without any menu bar a split of a second after I start the virtual machine from the vbox GUI.

I tried getting ubuntu studio out, as well as compiz, but couldn't get vbox to go back to the way it presented windows before... It keeps opening the virtual machine in a maximized window (as a matter of fact, it shows a small resolution Windows XP within a black frame).

(My only way out is to use the right.ctrl key which is the default to toggle the mouse capture).

Now this is a problem for me... help?

Beans

Re: unable to access menu on sun virtualbox machine window (guest: windows xp)

Hi again

Fortunately a friend pointed out the obvious:

I can use ctrl+f to exit the full size window mode. I did not know I was in it...

So everything is working fine really. Maybe except for the sharefolder thing, but I will work on it.