Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nicest Forums Awards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    221

    Nicest Forums Awards

    I was beginning to think that every year there should be the nicest forums award, or the friendlist forum award....or maybe the most helpful forum award.

    Well if there was, I think I would have to give it to Ubuntu Forum and the runner up being yahoo answers. When I go to other forums and ask questions or need help, a lot of the time I don't get a response, or something turns into a quick heated arguement because they are there just to start a fight. But with Ubuntu, I really like the atmosphere here and how they are not biased with anything. Like I can talk about gentoo or fedora, competition to Ubuntu, and they won't take it down because it could cost them users.

    So cheers to Ubuntu for the most friendliest, open, and helpful community forum out there.
    Oxymoron:Microsoft Works

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Beans
    146
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Nicest Forums Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    I was beginning to think that every year there should be the nicest forums award, or the friendlist forum award....or maybe the most helpful forum award.

    Well if there was, I think I would have to give it to Ubuntu Forum and the runner up being yahoo answers. When I go to other forums and ask questions or need help, a lot of the time I don't get a response, or something turns into a quick heated arguement because they are there just to start a fight. But with Ubuntu, I really like the atmosphere here and how they are not biased with anything. Like I can talk about gentoo or fedora, competition to Ubuntu, and they won't take it down because it could cost them users.

    So cheers to Ubuntu for the most friendliest, open, and helpful community forum out there.
    I find yahoo answers to be full of conflict at times. No doubt here is very good though.
    My Girlfriend + Man Utd + Nightwish + Chess + Poker + a little bit of Accounting = my life!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    1,532

    Re: Nicest Forums Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by suitedaces View Post
    I find yahoo answers to be full of conflict at times. No doubt here is very good though.
    Yeah, and they seem to be getting worse

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Beans
    1,865
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: Nicest Forums Awards

    Actually ubuntuforums did win a couple awards this year. One was awarded by Linux Format Magazine, and the other I can't remember. The forums here are recognized by many as the best around.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,757

    Re: Nicest Forums Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyFeet View Post
    Actually ubuntuforums did win a couple awards this year. One was awarded by Linux Format Magazine, and the other I can't remember. The forums here are recognized by many as the best around.
    Yep, we won the Best Support Resource.

    Second Place was Google...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Beans
    1,125
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Nicest Forums Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Simian Man View Post
    What's most awesome about that is this just happened in the last hour and immediately made to the failblog!!
    This is a signature. It is original.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,757

    Re: Nicest Forums Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by sydbat View Post
    What's most awesome about that is this just happened in the last hour and immediately made to the failblog!!
    Nope, it looks like it was posted May 18th @ 07:00 (GMT+1 time). I don't doubt the fact that it made it immediately to the failblog though...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Beans
    1,125
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Nicest Forums Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by tinivole View Post
    Nope, it looks like it was posted May 18th @ 07:00 (GMT+1 time). I don't doubt the fact that it made it immediately to the failblog though...
    You are correct. I misread the time code thingy.
    This is a signature. It is original.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •