Thread: Sound volume adjust issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Sound volume adjust issues

Ubuntu 8.10 has proven to be the version that suits my HP Pavilion dv3106tx the best so far (I'm still going to try the 9.04 this week-end though), but one of the issues I can't solve still remains.
    When I adjust volume with the sliding scale on top of the keyboard, an on-screen display showing the current volume appears.

First problem is, this on-screen display disappears due to some unknown reasons on some session's start-up and comes back only when the laptop was turned off by running out of battery power, which makes me think of session settings.
    Second problem is, the on-screen display has only 4 positions (0%, 33%, 67% and 100%), limiting the adjustment possibilities to those 4 values only. 67% is slightly louder than mute and 100% is a little bit louder than I would normally need working on a laptop, that's why I'd like to make that volume adjustment smoother. Ubuntu 8.10 has been the first distro to support both remote control and sliding scale on the keyboard right since the installation from scratch, and sound volume has more than just 4 positions until some update gets installed, after which the on-screen display changes it's look from what it is upon the 8.10 has been installed to what it is on the picture i'm posting here.
    Last edited by xyepblra; April 21st, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Sound volume adjust issues

Alright, now since I have upgraded my version to 9.04, everything's fine except the second problem:
    Quote Originally Posted by xyepblra View Post
    Second problem is, the on-screen display has only 4 positions (0%, 33%, 67% and 100%), limiting the adjustment possibilities to those 4 values only. 67% is slightly louder than mute and 100% is a little bit louder than I would normally need working on a laptop, that's why I'd like to make that volume adjustment smoother.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by xyepblra; May 5th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.