Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 1,331 to 1,334 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

In a strange twist, I ran the test using an nVidia driver with the Intel video chip. Actually the libGL library from nVidia got symlinked by mistake. CPU was virtually untouched during the test but it took about twice as long as with the correct driver. Amazing that it worked at all really! I guess it bypassed the software rendering and somehow libGL made enough of the right calls to make things happen on the card.

Beans

I finally found a stable fast configuration. Penguin Racer is now 20-40fps instead of 2! 3D is obviously only so-so but 2D is great. Full screen HD video runs smooth with Xvideo which didn't work at all before.

Still Jaunty, but with a custom kernel built from 2.6.30.10 source. And maybe a patch? I applied a patch that might have had an affect. The exact same config with 2.6.30 is unstable. xorg Intel drivers 2.9.0. libdrm 2.4.14, Mesa 7.4. Kernel drivers are built in, but I also tested with them as modules. i915 selected for drm, mode setting not compiled in, nomodeset also specified. Framebuffer is obviously enabled, but the intelfb module is not being used so far as I can see. xorg.conf options: Tiling "true" is maybe the default anyway? UXA is not specified in xorg.conf since it is the only method in the 2.9 driver.

The UXA acceleration, and so obviously the 2.9 driver, uses dramatically less memory since the EXA method grabs a whole chunk of memory when X starts because it isn't good at allocating it dynamically. For the first time you might actually say I'm happy with this graphics chip. This is far from the latest driver, but I think it's as far as I can easily go with Jaunty. Maybe it will help someone else to improve their graphics.

Beans

I formatted and installed 8.10. Game's working again. Sad that Jaunty was released and crippled intel's already poor 3d graphics. I tried both rc2 and rc3 kernels. And a few different "fixes" from this thread. I've installed the latest version of Ubuntu each time they release one since 6.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Streaming instructions. Most lights are green. I have to test moe and continue my unending search for tweaks.

Bravo Ubuntu!

Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134