Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by thebestofall007 View Post
    **UPDATE**

i recommend doing this intel graphics guide on a fresh install for the best stability. this solution works wonders for me, but i had problems with it freezing my system (as i stated in another post on this thread). i installed windows xp as a dual boot in order to use a firmware update tool for an rca pearl mp3 player that only works with windows. unfortunately windows trashed grub (dammit windows, you suck! you are now banned from my hard drive indefinitely!) and i was unable to restore it so i reinstalled my ubuntu jaunty setup windows messed up (i didnt lose any of my documents, etc though). i applied this solution to the new install, and it is working better than what i had before the reinstall. i try the same things that froze my system in the old install and i dont have those problems anymore after trying the safe method.

thanks psyke83!!!
    if any other issues come up, ill post.
    It's actually quite easy to restore GRUB if you have a live cd available, but it seems that a full reinstall turned out for the best anyway!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    Yes, it appears that scarf's advice applies to you. I didn't notice that the Synaptics driver was also in the X-Updates repository, and the update must have caused issues for your touchpad.

Remember you can also lock the older version in Synaptic (not Synaptics, heh) after downgrading the package.
    Nice. I'm excited to go home. lol. I left my laptop because of being so pissed. hehe. Please include in the original post how to revert the synaptic driver
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Beans

Can someone tell how to stop the LCD randomly flashing?
    That's all I want.
    I repeat: I don't care about 3D, or EXA, or UXA, or no accel.
    Just tell me how to put an Intel X3100+965GMA powered laptop display to a sane state.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hmmm, i have also X3100 on Inspiron 1525 and it doesn't flash, can you describe what is problem...
    also
    Code:
    lspci -nn
    What version of ubuntu do u use, and what kind of computer do you have?Did you try newest drivers?

PS. I didnt read whole thread, so if you posted these infos sorry!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Awesome tut, but do these instructions also fix various issues with Intel 9xx series in Hardy Heron, or is there another tut for that somewhere? Games that use OpenGL are leaving ghost images, tearing, flickering, low performance, and various other issues, so as a gamer I'd really like a fix >_<

Beans
    Hidden!

Hardy Heron has way less issues with Intel, in fact exa works fine, some with Intrepid and Jaunty are reverting back to Hardy Heron 2.4 xorg.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Arup View Post
    Hardy Heron has way less issues with Intel, in fact exa works fine, some with Intrepid and Jaunty are reverting back to Hardy Heron 2.4 xorg.
    2D apps are working fine, but anything OpenGL-related is giving me problems. Is there other support I can try besides Mesa that won't cause excessive tearing, slowdown, and afterimages that won't go away?

Beans
    Distro

So happy! My touch pad is fine now

Edit: I just hate the fact that the new kernel messes up with my brightness multimedia keys. hehe. It's not too bad, though
    Last edited by wersdaluv; May 13th, 2009 at 03:58 PM.
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    It's actually quite easy to restore GRUB if you have a live cd available, but it seems that a full reinstall turned out for the best anyway!
    i had the live cd but when i tried to fix grub by using this method:

Code:
    sudo grub

grub> find /boot/grub/stage1

[should return your Ubuntu partition in the form (hdX,Y), use that:]

grub> root (hdX,Y)

grub> setup (hdX)

grub> quit
    i got the error 15 file not found on the "find /boot/grub/stage1" part. that was a showstopper for me. i used this method before to fix grub after i installed linux first and then windows and it worked fine, but this time it didnt work. when i tried to boot (after removing windows, and installing ubuntu again in the partition where windows was, in order to have a bootable partition to access the nonbootable partition's files), i got the "error 2, bad directory or file type".
    Last edited by thebestofall007; May 14th, 2009 at 12:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro

So after a few days of using the new kernel, my audio has disappeared. The card is still recognized by running aplay in terminal, and it also still shows up in lspci. Thoughts? I've already uninstalled/reinstalled all of the alsa components using synaptic.

Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast