Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

sorry doesn't work for me . when i reboot in the new kernel it gives me a masege that i am using lower graphics and gives 3 chioses use default graphics - use the lower grahics - and anoter choice i cant rember it now. i have intel X3100 maybe because i upgrade my kernel to 2.6.30-rc5
    sorryyyy about my english and i hope to see this bug risolved or by upgrading the kernel or by a normal update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi,

I've re-written the guide to clarify the instructions; there are now three ways to resolve the Intel drivers performance issues.

I recommend new users to use the Safe configuration, and those who understand the risks can try the more advanced options.

Beans

Hey there, great write up! I'm not too sure I need to do this or not. For the most part my system works good. I can watch movies and play video with what seems to be ok. My one issue is that when I enable the Cube and rotate cube, my laptop goes to a crawl, I've not ever had that issue on any laptop. If you could let me know if I could benefit from it I will try it.

Here is my card info.

steve@steve-lapppy:~$ lspci -vvnn
    00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub [8086:27a0] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:ff10]
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: agpgart-intel
    Kernel modules: intel-agp

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
    Region 0: Memory at f0a00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    Region 1: I/O ports at 1800 [size=8]
    Region 2: Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Region 3: Memory at f0b00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
    Kernel modules: intelfb

00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a6] (rev 03)
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Region 0: Memory at f0a80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
    Hey there, great write up! I'm not too sure I need to do this or not. For the most part my system works good. I can watch movies and play video with what seems to be ok. My one issue is that when I enable the Cube and rotate cube, my laptop goes to a crawl, I've not ever had that issue on any laptop. If you could let me know if I could benefit from it I will try it.

Here is my card info.
    You can download and use the fixmtrr.sh script to see if it helps, and it's worth checking if UXA acceleration helps.

Maybe give the Safe configuration a try - you can easily downgrade packages if you have any problems.

Beans

psyke83, I guess there's a typo in this line on your tutorial in the first post. Check out the command below, Part C (Optimal) section:

$ sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-2.6.29-02062903-generic_2.6.29-02062903_i386.deb linux-headers-2.6.29-02062903_2.6.29-02062903_all.deblinux-image-2.6.29-02062903-generic_2.6.29-02062903_i386.deb

Seems there's a missing space between deb and linux. I had trouble with the installation untill a figured it out.

By the way, thank you for all your efforts in helping us out!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by volneilo View Post
    psyke83, I guess there's a typo in this line on your tutorial in the first post. Check out the command below, Part C (Optimal) section:

$ sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-2.6.29-02062903-generic_2.6.29-02062903_i386.deb linux-headers-2.6.29-02062903_2.6.29-02062903_all.deblinux-image-2.6.29-02062903-generic_2.6.29-02062903_i386.deb

Seems there's a missing space between deb and linux. I had trouble with the installation untill a figured it out.

By the way, thank you for all your efforts in helping us out!
    Thanks, I'll make the correction. Let me know if you spot any more mistakes!

Beans
    Distro

I followed the solutions from this thread (before it was edited). Probably, it's the "bleeding edge" solution from the OP. However, I have been experiences problems with suspend. My GNOME sessions aren't preserved when I do so. I'm not sure if this guide caused that but I tried to follow instructions from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReinhardTart...telDriverTo2.4 . This reverted my driver to xserver-xorg-intel-video-driver-2.4.

Doing that caused my GNOME session not to start so I reinstalled the xserver-xorg-intel-video-driver from the repository from the OP. After doing that, GNOME already starts but I'm stuck with a mouse cursor and a white background with low resolution after logging in.

Any idea how to fix this?
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    You can download and use the fixmtrr.sh script to see if it helps, and it's worth checking if UXA acceleration helps.

Maybe give the Safe configuration a try - you can easily downgrade packages if you have any problems.

I went ahead and did Solution A and B. So far so good, it really easy way snappier. Before I could not record a screenshot session (video) and now it does perfectly. Compiz runs super fast with the desktop cube now. So all in all I like it very much.

Is there a way to run the sudo fixmtrr.sh on startup?

--Steve

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
    I went ahead and did Solution A and B. So far so good, it really easy way snappier. Before I could not record a screenshot session (video) and now it does perfectly. Compiz runs super fast with the desktop cube now. So all in all I like it very much.

Is there a way to run the sudo fixmtrr.sh on startup?

--Steve
    I've revised the guide to do exactly this. Refresh the guide and do Part A, Step 3 to create the appropriate symlink. Also re-read the Important Note section.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by wersdaluv View Post
    I followed the solutions from this thread (before it was edited). Probably, it's the "bleeding edge" solution from the OP. However, I have been experiences problems with suspend. My GNOME sessions aren't preserved when I do so. I'm not sure if this guide caused that but I tried to follow instructions from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReinhardTart...telDriverTo2.4 . This reverted my driver to xserver-xorg-intel-video-driver-2.4.

Doing that caused my GNOME session not to start so I reinstalled the xserver-xorg-intel-video-driver from the repository from the OP. After doing that, GNOME already starts but I'm stuck with a mouse cursor and a white background with low resolution after logging in.

Any idea how to fix this?
    I suggest you follow the instructions to revert changes in this guide. Additionally, go to Synaptic, click Status -> Installed (Local or Obsolete), and ensure that you don't have any xorg/mesa/drm packages listed in this section. If you do have driver packages listed in this category, do the following for each: select a package, go to the Package menu, choose "Force Version...", and pick the default Jaunty version of the package. Providing that there's no conflicts, apply changes, and then log out and back in.

Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast