Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

SOLVED but here's what happened.

I followed the safe instructions, then restarted. It beeped multiple times, and showed a white bar in the middle of the screen, beeps grew further apart, and monitor would turn on and off. Then, it just stayed black with white bar, no more beeping.

I restarted again, hit ESC to go to GRUB and selected Recovery Mode. Then, I selected "solve graphic problems", and then restarted.

Everything works PERFECT. My kids watch nick jr videos and full screen works great. HULU, etc.

Thanks so much.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Has anyone else had problems with having the Safe Configuration settings then updating with the 'XServer-xorg-video-intel' update that came through Update Manager today?

Edit: Also, I guess you can just lock the current working version in Synaptic Package Manager so you don't accidentally install the problematic, newest version.
    Last edited by Orographic; October 18th, 2009 at 05:39 AM.
    The difference between wisdom and foolishness? Wisdom knows how foolish it is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

They removed xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.7 from x-swat repositories. Do you know where to find it? It was working better for me than 2:2.9
    Last edited by baytuni; October 18th, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by baytuni View Post
    They removed xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.7 from x-swat repositories. Do you know where to find it? It was working better for me than 2:2.9
    i downloaded the package from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates/+packages?field.name_filter=intel&field.status_fil ter=&field.series_filter=jaunty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

thanks a lot. I've been looking for it desperately. Somehow this 2:2.27 version is working like a charm with exa.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Updating to the new intel driver caused me a pain!
    The screen is white and i can't do anything...
    I read it was needed to have enabled kms...
    Then why they released this update to jaunty where kms is not enabled by default?
    Please help me to restore the situation...
    The problem seems to be widespread and have been posted in various new threads..
    Fortunately I still can run kde so i can post the problem...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I can also run xfce!
    So the problem is strictly gnome related...
    Is it recommended to upgrade to karmic beta?
    How can i do this through the command line/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Latest X-Org Edgers is VERY slow on my Intel GM965 graphics.
    Xorg hits 100% when opening nautilus or Firefox and becomes very slow and unresponsive,
    Also GDM crashes / resets every time I try to play ANY video. Also I've seem to have lost tty1-6 I just get a blank screen with a frozen mouse pointer on it (no terminal in sight!)

Theres 1 good thing out if this... it's pushed me to install Karmic tomorrow morning since its the ONLY usable version of Ubuntu with this graphics card that can put out 1080p to an external monitor....
    Laters...
    Sol
    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere" User numbers: Ubuntu 23772 Linux 477911

Beans

Re: Testing welcome

[QUOTE=alx818;8120787]
    Quote Originally Posted by tormod View Post
    I had problems with xserver-xorg-video-intel version 2.9.0 on my notebook (Intel GMA 4500MHD):
    When the external monitor was connected, the maximum resolution was 960x600 pixels on the internal screen, the external monitor didn't work.
    When the external monitor was connected, the graphical output was completely unrecognizable (colored thin rectangles).
    I'm using Optimal Configuration from this forum post.

Now, I reinstalled version 2.7.1 and it works fine again

If I should test 2.9.0, what infos would you need?
    Can you check if you have the same problem on a Karmic live CD, booting with i915.modeset=0 (or nomodeset)? (Karmic uses KMS by default, so disabling it should give a similar situation as in Jaunty.) If yes, please file a bug, where you attach Xorg.0.log
    Last edited by tormod; October 28th, 2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: nomodeset
    Please use launchpad to search for/report bugs and problems: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcQwark View Post
    Yes, I also have issues with your version. I don't think you should keep this package in X-Updates, since it defeats the purpose of the ppa. You should have tested the functionality of your package before uploading it tbh.
    I asked for testing and did not get any negative responses. The x-updates PPA is for stable releases, and 2.9.0 is a stable release. From the various feedback we have now (after I pushed it to x-updates of course), it seems to work well for some people and worse for others. Anyway, not everybody has to update, they can stay with the old if they prefer.

Also some people seem confused about which PPAs they are subscribed to. If you are only using the x-updates PPA, you don't need a new kernel or enable KMS. That said, it is possible that it would help...
    Please use launchpad to search for/report bugs and problems: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast