Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by markus.readus View Post
    Hi,

Thanks very much for the guide, its comprehensive, and easy to follow (which is much more appreciated than some of the other resources I have found!). I'm having a problem with one of the steps on the guide though, section B part 2, the terminal command

sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com AF1CDFA9

does not appear to work, I get a time out, as follows:

$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com AF1CDFA9
    [sudo] password for mark:
    Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com AF1CDFA9
    gpg: requesting key AF1CDFA9 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpg: keyserver timed out
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
    Same problem here!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 11010110 View Post
    Hi again,

I managed to fix (or workaround) most of the graphics glitches thusfar but one thing is still puzzling me... since doing this my mounse funtionality has changed. when moved slow it is more sensitive than when it is moved fast. basically when i drag my finger across the mousepad fast it only moves an inch or so but when i drag it slow it darts to the end of the screen easily. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I'm having the same problem here. Video definitely works better with safe optimization but now my mousepad is behaving weird. Any solutions to this issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I recently upgraded from Intrepid to Jaunty on my Dell e1505, and I now can no longer get into my boot screen, all I get is some pixels that run across the screen.

I've uploaded a video to better describe (and help diagnose) the problem here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vLEi68wrQI
    Or jump right to the part with the problem: 1minute and 5seconds in

I've already tried all the suggestions in the Release Notes including Reverting the Intel Drivers back to 2.4 as well as the Optimal configuration found in this thread. Yet nothing seems to work. Where can I go from here?
    See Also: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7917708

Please Help ,
    Thanks,
    -BassKozz
    Last edited by BassKozz; September 9th, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit - IP35-Pro | Q6600@3.3ghz(TRUE [lapped]) | G.Skill 2x2GB | MSI NX8600GT | 150GB WD Raptor ||| NAS - Ubuntu 10.04 - Intel D865GBF | P4 3.0GHz | G.Skill 4x1GB | FX5200-AGP | 3x250GB mdadm Raid5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi,

Thanks very much for the guide, its comprehensive, and easy to follow (which is much more appreciated than some of the other resources I have found!). I'm having a problem with one of the steps on the guide though, section B part 2, the terminal command

Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com AF1CDFA9

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
    It's possible that the server was down. Perhaps try the command again.

The other possibility is that you are in a corporate environment where outgoing connections on ports other than the standard http/https ports are blocked for security reasons. GPG needs to be able to connect to port 11371 on the keyserver.

If this is the case, possible solutions are: have your IT department open this port for the computer in question (good luck with that), plug the computer in somewhere with unrestricted Internet access, or download the key on a second computer with unrestricted Internet access and copy it to the first computer.

Or, let me retrieve the key from http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pk...22AB97AF1CDFA9 for you:

Code:
    -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
    Version: SKS 1.0.10

mI0ESXVCiwEEANKBDbiSLOJOouub/S97iDifYCVW1b0KONg7XkFYiFos+bMBzzZyGGo90k1h
    hCxcseLvqCKPL7dG0RzPRKMo7mvM68yyqi2ljw0ZYC9cVf0YzgKRTohVhihelpwZ+sBRGNYk
    OCu+u0Dr+EdVI3u5RNOxAELrbd4vYaS+2cCOfzmLABEBAAG0GkxhdW5jaHBhZCBQUEEgZm9y
    IFVidW50dS1YiLYEEwECACAFAkl1QosCGwMGCwkIBwMCBBUCCAMEFgIDAQIeAQIXgAAKCRA7
    IquXrxzfqY4HBACIQEFhl59ZkuIhTD3pmCQgfkhpcg0RVdB6Xwhu3QDJvmlWmrs+cofNMzyA
    7SwdjD9ARvhGbqHwub+T7oGiHlmFyodGypUZ4i/fdHsZYpsf34MwgYxhyNyOPY/jNImUE/yw
    kSI+kV5esWURH4j0jYfkaergFqCpDnsSkxuIvdjH2Q==
    =bkAa
    -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
    Copy and paste the PGP key block into a text editor and save it somewhere. Launch Synaptic, go to Settings>Repositories>Authentication>Import Key File... and import the file you just saved.

Be aware that if you were to import a key file created by a malicious individual, AND that individual also had the means to redirect your computer to download updates from his repository (i.e. through DNS cache poisoning), your system could be compromised. So, do you trust me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by sancho panza View Post
    Thanks for the guide psyke!

I'm having an issue with jaunty that I am not able to put my finger on
    and I'm trying to eliminate various possibilities, one after the other.

The ISSUE: After running jaunty for about a day or so (with a few suspends in between), the system starts using swap heavily and slows down to a crawl. At this point the physical ram (2GB) is under 25% use as per system monitor, but the "free" command shows that its fully used up.

CAUSES: Thru testing, I'm almost sure its not any specific program that I run. Its something in the background.
    I have followed your guide verbatim and have tried both the Safe and Optimal configs, but both present the same problem. I havent yet tried to see if a fresh install has the same issue. Are there any changes I could make to your Howto so as to fix my problem? Should I try reverting to original settings?

PS: are these instructions consistent with your guide? Should I try it out?

Thanks,
    Ok so my previous post is more aptly described here.
    Does anybody have a fix for this yet?
    Maverick Thinkpad T61, Intel GMA X3100, Intel WiFi 4965AG.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by reesje View Post
    Hi,

If flash is choppy I think you should find your problems elsewhere. I've got a AA1 110L, which uses the same CPU as yours. The problem is the ondemand speed stepping.

Try to add the CPU frequency scaling icon to your panel and check if the CPU stays at 800MHz. It does so on both my AA1 and my wifes.

You can the manually select the CPU frequency by leftclicking the icon.

I find it amazing that this problem seems to get very little attention. There are a few posting on this, try to search "choppy flash" and you will find a few.

BR,
    René
    I don't use gnome and I set the governor to performance before even installing X. Thanks anyway, though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Looks like the server is still down for keyserver.ubuntu.com.

I can't download the key file for 8844C542.

Beans

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
    Try this comand instead:
    Code:
    gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv AF1CDFA9 && gpg --export --armor AF1CDFA9  | sudo apt-key add -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I installed 2.6.31 today and 3D is a bit faster than in .30 on my GMA 950.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by BassKozz View Post
    I recently upgraded from Intrepid to Jaunty on my Dell e1505, and I now can no longer get into my boot screen, all I get is some pixels that run across the screen.

I've uploaded a video to better describe (and help diagnose) the problem here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vLEi68wrQI

I've already tried all the suggestions in the Release Notes including Reverting the Intel Drivers back to 2.4 as well as the Optimal configuration found in this thread. Yet nothing seems to work. Where can I go from here?
    See Also: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7917708

Please Help ,
    Thanks,
    -BassKozz
    :Bump:
    Does anyone know what could be causing this problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vLEi68wrQI
    Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit - IP35-Pro | Q6600@3.3ghz(TRUE [lapped]) | G.Skill 2x2GB | MSI NX8600GT | 150GB WD Raptor ||| NAS - Ubuntu 10.04 - Intel D865GBF | P4 3.0GHz | G.Skill 4x1GB | FX5200-AGP | 3x250GB mdadm Raid5

Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast