Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldgirl08 View Post
    Psyke. This is only a temporary fix right?

I'm hoping that Karmic has a built-in solution for my type of machine (I kinda doubt it b/c it's an older chipset). When Karmic is distributed by Ubuntu do you think I'd have to reinstall these mods to my xorg file???
    Karmic will include the latest drivers, so there won't be any need for this guide.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I can't wait for Karmic then!

As for tweaking right now...I'll just leave it be. Karmic is due out in what....two or three months?

I should also mention that I can use the extra or normal visual effects but choose none. I just like to use my OS w/o so much eyecandy.

It's nice knowing that it's there though for showing off
    Lenovo ThinkPad X200Tablet
    Lenovo ThinkPad T500
    W7/Ubuntu 13.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by treris View Post
    Unfortunately even with the latest packages the graphics performance isnt overly impressive, you can find some recent benchmarks of the current intel graphics stack at Phoronix.com.

Hopefully it will get better over the next few months leading up to Karmic....

Treris

PS saw that this was you're first post on this forum; welcome!
    Thanks for replying

Yeah, I'm planning on reinstalling Ubuntu with Karmic once it has been officially released^^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

How would I install the restricted modules for the corresponding new kernel (for the optimal setup)? My broadcom 4312 wireless breaks with the new kernel....

Thanks

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

I wanted to ask you about an improvement in Jaunty (without any manual fixes). GLXGears now has more than 1400 FPS each round. Okay, I know that this isn't a real benchmark but thats a great improvement as far as I remember the first days with Jaunty.

But I still have problems with Compiz. Especially big apps animations like Firefox or Eclipse lag very hard. Is this still a driver problem? Or is it normal at last that compiz animations don't have such a constant frame rate?

Thanks for reading.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Has anyone else experienced random xorg crashes?

I did the "safe" method on my MSI Wind U100 and xorg crashes to a black screen at random times.

The Wind has an Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME/ Express Integrated Graphics Controller.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyjjbrown View Post

I did the "safe" method on my MSI Wind U100 and xorg crashes to a black screen at random times.

The Wind has an Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME/ Express Integrated Graphics Controller.

Thanks
    Yes, I have. I've had two different types of "black screen". One, it just goes black for a few seconds, then reappears like magic. The other one never recovers and it appears to restart xorg. I see the small white wheel at times, and my indicator lights go off and on. That takes a hard reset. I haven't had either in a few days. Hopefully and update fix it. I have an integrated i865 chip.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thanks
    I have a Gigabyte desktop 945GZM-S2 mobo with integrated graphics and it works very well with the Safe Config approach.
    The difference between wisdom and foolishness? Wisdom knows how foolish it is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    Yes, I have. I've had two different types of "black screen". One, it just goes black for a few seconds, then reappears like magic. The other one never recovers and it appears to restart xorg. I see the small white wheel at times, and my indicator lights go off and on. That takes a hard reset. I haven't had either in a few days. Hopefully and update fix it. I have an integrated i865 chip.
    I have these with my i845 and had before I tried this howto, I am now running bleeding edge and everything else works fine (except compiz chip is blacklisted) peformance is very good for this old p4 laptop. But I get random "blackouts" I can not log in and back and randomly at start I get progress bar but no "little wheel" or graphical log in, just a black screen, I can log in blindly and hit F12 (Yakuake) for terminal and do a "blind" sudo reboot after 1, 2, or 3 reboots I am back to normal. No need for hard resets though if you cannot use blind log in use REISUB (Ctrl + Alt + SysRq (Prnt Screen) keep holding Ctrl + Alt and press R+E etc. one at the time.

I h
    ECS Nforce 939, AMD Athlon 4400+ X2, Geforce 7300LE, Nokia 447Xav, ATA ST3500630AS, ATA ST3160023AS, Optiarc AD-7170S, 2GB RAM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I run everything bleeding-edge on my MSI Wind clone and have been doing so for months now - it all works fantastically well. So rather than worry about "safe" I would upgrade to "bleeding-edge."

Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast