I've got a problem with RTL8185L (using a PCI card) on Ubuntu 9.04 RC.
When it's connected, After booting ubuntu, when you connect (i have enabled auto-connection), it just simply freezes.
I searched in different threads to install the driver, but it doesn't work.
Can you help me, please ?
Here's how I solved my problem (Used "Amarina Wireless PCI CARD 54M 802.11G 54 Mbps" installation cd) :
- Boot with "Ubuntu 9.04 (recovery mode)" at GRUB screen.
- Choose "root" when asked for mode
- Open your CD tray and put the "Amarina Wireless PCI CARD 54M 802.11G 54 Mbps" installation cd
- Install windows xp drivers with ndiswrapper (remove the $) :
- Blacklist the default driver (remove the $) :
$ mkdir ~/.driver/
$ mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom0/
$ cd /media/cdrom0/wl8185\ PCI/Driver_1097_2KXP_0201/WINXP/
$ cp net8185.inf ~/.driver/
$ cp rtl8185.sys ~/.driver/
$ cd ~/.driver/
$ ndiswrapper -i net8185.inf
$ ndiswrapper -m
$ modprobe -r rtl8180
$ modprobe ndiswrapper
- At the end of the file, add :
$ nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
- Close the file with Ctrl + X.
- Reboot your computer, it'll be working !