Thread: Open source software dissertation - please help

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Open source software dissertation - please help

I am studying at the University College of St Mark & St John in Plymouth, England. The following survey is an essential part of my final year dissertation.

There are only 10 questions (about attitudes towards Open Source Software) & would be extremely grateful to anyone who could take a few minutes to complete it

I do not ask for any information that would enable me to identify an individual,or use any other means to do this. The only 'personal' information I ask for is age, sex & nationality, & you are welcome to skip these questions.

All responses will be completely anonymous. You will receive no Spam nor any form of follow-up.

If you would like any further information, please email me here: matko@blueonder.co.uk

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who participates.

Rgds,
    Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Open source software dissertation - please help

yes it will be extremely difficult to identify me for my age gender and location... not many grandmothers in iceland are part of the local linux group so I am guessing it might become an easy guess who I am.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

If I could identify you, I would, seriously, delete all of the information that enabled me to do so.

Besides, the survey service I am using does not record all the answers in each form separately- it only shows the number of replies given to each individual question.

BTW, thanks to everyone for their contributions - it's going better than I had hoped, so far!

It might help if you committed to releasing the results under an open license at such and such a time.

I think people are generally very open to helping out, albeit with a preference for ShareAlike terms.

Beans
    Hidden!

mike_9000:

Check your PM...
    Have you ever found something in the second-to-last place you looked?
    If it seems like I am ignoring you, perhaps I am.
    world:~ mike$ rm -f /earth/united_states/washington/redmond/M$ █

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Good point. I hereby commit myself to releasing the results of this survey, under an open license, by July the 1st 2009. I will post a link at that time.