Forgive me if there is a thread discussing this already. Possibly I am not very good at constructing search terms. All the results I could find were mostly about scrolling with trackpad or mouse wheel.

I have a question about the window scrolling speed when one is scrolling using the arrows top and bottom of the scrolling bar.

With my installation, when I hold the mouse or trackpad button down on one of the arrows (triangles) the mouse cursor fills with a color and then often zips the page all the way to the top or the bottom super duper fast.

I can move the mouse cursor off then on the arrow while holding the button and the zippy zoom zoom "turns off".

But I want to disable this feature entirely so that I can only scroll at one speed. I want to eliminate this sort of variable speed scrolling.

I don't even know what to call all these little GUI events so I hope I'm making sense.

Does anybody know if this scrolling feature can be turned off in Ubuntu 10.10? Is this a gnome feature? nautilus? are those the same thing?

thanks for any tips.

g