Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unetbootin Help

Beans

Angry Unetbootin Help

Hi All,

So today for some reason I tried to install 8.10 using Unetbootin. Unfortunately it looks like it worked. I think I may have installed it on the hard drive. Whenever I boot up my computer I get the Automatic countdown that that says "Will boot in 10 seconds". I dont know why it keeps showing this. There is no USB device connected to the computer. I have tried to run the normal boot but it wont let me exit.

Is there a command which lets be delete UNetbootin from the computer perhaps. Please someone help me.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Unetbootin Help

Quote Originally Posted by getenet View Post
    Hi All,

So today for some reason I tried to install 8.10 using Unetbootin. Unfortunately it looks like it worked. I think I may have installed it on the hard drive. Whenever I boot up my computer I get the Automatic countdown that that says "Will boot in 10 seconds". I dont know why it keeps showing this. There is no USB device connected to the computer. I have tried to run the normal boot but it wont let me exit.

Is there a command which lets be delete UNetbootin from the computer perhaps. Please someone help me.
    unetbootin is a program to create bootable linux distros, like ubuntu. this way one can use just a usb stick to install ubuntu instead of a cd. if you prepared the stick and used it to install ubuntu , obviously it is installed on your hard disk.

Beans

How do I remove it so I can normal boot. I mean it just shows that default screen. I tried the bios and everything. Escape works buts just says "Boot:"

I dont know what to type.

Beans
    Hidden!

How do I remove it so I can normal boot. I mean it just shows that default screen. I tried the bios and everything. Escape works buts just says "Boot:"

I dont know what to type.
    So you have ubuntu on your hardisk, and you want to remove it? is that what you are asking? if you intend to keep ubuntu, and want to use windows, and assuming your windows partition is still there , just choose the windows boot option in boot menu and login to windows. don'T screw up anything BIOS, unless you know what you are doing.

Beans

No I still want to use the installed Version of Ubuntu on my computer. Infact I dont plan on using Unetbootin to upgrade the computer. All i want to do is get back to the normal Desktop.

Thank You.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

It sounds like you just have your usb stick plugged in still. Or a Cd in the drive. You only get the "boot:" prompt if you boot to a live cd, or unetbootin, and then press esc when it gives you the options "Use ubuntu without changing your computer...". Also at that prompt you could select the "Boot to hard drive" option to boot your computer like normal.

Beans
    Hidden!

No I still want to use the installed Version of Ubuntu on my computer. Infact I dont plan on using Unetbootin to upgrade the computer. All i want to do is get back to the normal Desktop.

Thank You.
    upgrading to a new release of ubuntu can be done from the hard disk, unetbootin just helps you to create a bootable usb disk, it is just like a cd writer that one can use to write cds. and u cannot use unetbootin to upgrade. so relax. you are confused about unetbootin and what it does.

if you have unplugged the stick, it should be alright.

Beans

Is there a way to delete it so I can boot up normally.

The computer turns on. Shows the Unetbootin screen and shows the automatic countdown. Nothing Happens. NO USB in the computer. I need to remove it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Is there a way to delete it so I can boot up normally.

The computer turns on. Shows the Unetbootin screen and shows the automatic countdown. Nothing Happens. NO USB in the computer. I need to remove it.
    Go to BIOS, and change the boot priority, and choose hard disk as the primary boot device. save and then exit and restart

Beans

yes...i did. Though unfortunately it shows up again. Its as if Ubuntu was replaced with this Unetbootin Menu. The only options I have are to press tab or exit. When I press tab I am able to type things. When I press EXIT it says:
    "boot:"

Any idea? Will I have to loose everything I have? If so please say, I wouldnt want you all to spend too much time on this. But if there is a way I would be so happy.
    Last edited by getenet; April 18th, 2009 at 03:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast