Thread: Wubi: Installing Programs in Ubuntu

Beans

Wubi: Installing Programs in Ubuntu

Hello guys!

I installed Ubuntu using Wubi. Now, when I install a program while in Ubuntu, where would the files go? Where would it be saved? Unlike in the LiveCD, programs installed go to the RAM of the PC. Is it the same or not?

And one more question,

Where can I find the "Program Files" of Ubuntu. I'm not familiar with Linux yet.
    Last edited by xr4v3nx; April 15th, 2009 at 11:11 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Wubi: Installing Programs in Ubuntu

Into the WUBI filesystem under your home.

This is not ******* so the ere is no Program Files. You can actually install just about anywhere but most folks use the defaukt being /etc ir /usr - many time the installer will place it into the correct place by default,
    You do what? Are you crazy!

Beans

oh is that so..wat i mean is that a "Program Files" version of Linux. That's what I mean. So if i remove programs, would there be some leftovers just like when uninstalling in Windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

There's two 'forms' of uninstalling in Linux. One is removing, which gets rid of all the files for the program but keeps everyone's personal settings, while purging gets rid of all files for program and all personal settings.

There's no registry to get clogged up or anything like that, an application is just files that can be run.

Beans

so xero...so if i want to FULLY remove everything about the program, i must remove and purge them?so how do i purge?and removing is simply deleting it?